News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

4.6 being installed now

Started by RICH MUISE, 2012-12-03 22:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Thor

Rich and Rich,

I believe the plate you two are talking about is used as a starter locating shim. It keeps the starter motor properly indexed & spaced for correct engagement with the flywheel.

Have a good one,
Thor

gasman826

x2  You need the block plate.

RICH MUISE

Al, Rich..are we still looking good for next Saturday?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57dohc

Rich;
We sure are.  Looking forward to meeting both you guys! Al

Tom S

Saw it mentioned here but didn't know what a 'Coyote engine' was & had to look it up.
Anyway, for what little it's worth, I got this ...
https://www.circsource.com/store/multititleoffer.html?offerId=294&sourceCode=I3DQ44
Maybe old news or no use to you guys. No idea what issue the Hot Rod mag is but mentioned on the cover of the preview issue is the 'Coyote engine swap guide'.

RICH MUISE

So, Tom...you're selling magazines now? LOL
Al...I'm looking forward to our meet also. send me a pm with your address and phone numbers. Hopefully no more snow!!

JPotter57

Don't get duped into buying one of those "takeout" Coyote 5.0 motors for $11-12000.  Don't get me wrong, they are great motors, an easy 400 hp, but you can buy them brand new from Ford for something like $6600 with 0 miles on them.  All you need then is the EEC harness and hardware, etc.  There is a guy here in Gulfport that put one in an 87 or so Fox Mustang, went from 12 sec ETs with a Windsor motor to low 11s out of the box with just the engine swap.  Is running mid 10's now, all motor.  Great deal.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

Al...Our meeting time on Saturday...I think after talking to Rich yesterday, an earlier time might be better for him, and in thinking about it, would probably be better for me, as I may (or not)drive home to Texas afterwards. So if that works for you and Rich, I'm thinking 2 pm would still give me time to do the Pueblo show. If not, absolutly no problem..we'll just leave it a 4.
Rich
P.S...haven't got thru to Jon (hogwagon) yet..will keep trying

57dohc

Rich;
2:00 would be fine or whenever you can get here.  There is a 20% chance of rain for late afternoon (probably snow the way this year is-snowing right now!) so earlier would be better.  Hope everyone can make it.  Al

RICH MUISE

I'll see ya at 2ish then. Just wanted to mention if you need to do even a last minute cancel because of the family health issues...absolutly no problem. Can't remember if I gave you my cell #, 806-341-2036
Rich

RICH MUISE

Al, Rich...I talked to Jon (Hogwagon) yesterday and he and his wife, Sue, are going to take a break from their hectic schedule and meet with us on Saturday. I'm really looking forward to this. Four forumn members..how cool is that!
Al...I told Jon I'd ask you to email him the Map with your address that Rich forwarded to me yeaterday.
Jon...there are two of us "Richs" involved here in case you were just picking up on the end of this thread.
Rich

57dohc

Rich;
I don't have Hogwagons email address to forward that map. If you have it , prehaps could send it on.  Or he could call me for directions.  Hope he does come; I do have a 5.0 efi conversion on a early Mustang  here.  Not a 57, but he might pick up some ideas. Al

ROKuberski

Al, Jon, Rich,

The weather looks okay for tomorrow and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.  I'll drive down in my '57 just to give it a good workout on the highway, if it rains it won't be a disaster.

See everyone at about 2:00.  I will give myself a little margin and leave a few minutes early.

Rich (Arvada, Co.)

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: Tom S on 2013-04-26 14:46
No idea what issue the Hot Rod mag is but mentioned on the cover of the preview issue is the 'Coyote engine swap guide'.

June issue.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

A few tips I picked up in Colorado...The first is a pic of Al's exaust pipes from the '04 Mach1. The next pics are from a '56 Ford at the Pueblo River Walk car show. He is using a 4.6 sohc block, with dohc heads and intake from a mark viii. The Mark intake protrudes past the plane of the bellhousing about 3 1/2". He was able to gain back some of that "lost working room" by building an adapter to move the throttle linkage up and forward. It's hard to tell from the pics, but he used 2 pieces of exaust pipe elbows to fab the adapter. The last pic is a copy of the one Rich K. posted that shows the original configuration of the throttle linkage plate.