News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New to the forum

Started by Julios57, 2013-03-18 19:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Julios57

Hi All. Just got approved to the forum and do like what I am seeing. Have had a 57 Custom 300 2dr in the garage for 20 years and picked away at it when time and money permit. Now retired and have the time. My car had a 223 in it but is now a 466 big block backed up with a C6/E40D combo, with a 350 posi rear. I am at the point of exterior body work and final assembly. Hope to contribute as well as learn.

Frankenstein57

Welcome, sounds like a stout drive line.  Mark

RICH MUISE

Welcome to the forumn...glad to have ya! 466..? what did that start out life as? have you gotten to road test it yet?
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

sprink88

Welcome to the Forums! 
~Chris

Ecode70D

Welcome to the forum...   I'm sure that you are going to tell us what a 466 is.  We will be looking for some pictures of your custom 300. Jay

57 Ford Kustom

Welcome! Glad you are with us, can't wait for pics!
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Zapato

Am guessing that its a .030 over 460.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

57AGIN

Julios57:

As with the others, Welcome to the Forum.  Retirement is "greatly under rated," but, it does make it harder to scrape up funds to do some of the things that should have been done when still gainfully employed.  Guess you just can't have everything.

Bob
57 AGIN

JPotter57

Probably a .030 over 460 Rich..
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

JPotter57

Oops...late, should have read on down, lol...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

That was my first thought, but without doing the math I was thinking a cleanup rebore would have brought it up more than 6cu. in's..but your probably right.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

Is southwestern Ontario Windsor?  OP said 460 with C6.  Yep, thats all you get with .030 bore is six cubes.

Julios57

Thanks for all the replys. Yep a 460 bored .030 will give you 466. I live just outside London Ontario for the member who asked. Also I went back to work 3 days a week after retirement just to fund the toys. Wife has other ideas as to where the extra funds should go. HA

Julios57

Sorry. Forgot to ask what the process is to post pics. I have an android phone and a digital camera, just need the instructions. I am also a beginner at computer stuff. :canada:

gasman826

There are other members in southern Ontario...along the 401 corridor.  I'm in the Michigan International Speedway area.

Pictures?  Just below the Reply Box...hit the Additional Options (steel blue) button.  Hit the Browse button at the end of the ATTACH box.  Locate your picture directory (folder) and double click on the picture you want to share.