News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Front bumper brackets

Started by RAWms, 2007-03-06 20:41

Previous topic - Next topic

RAWms

In looking over the front bumper and brackets I might be missing part of the bracket.  Looking at the wrap around portion of the front bracket, is there a piece that stabilizes the "wing?"  If so a picture would sure be the ticket.    thx, r  :felix:
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

Ford Blue blood

Roger,

There is an "L" shaped braket that bolts to the bottom of the blank plate and splash pan behind the turn signal and catches the last bolt hole in the bumper.

Bill
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Ford Blue blood

Roger,

Looked at mine last night after work.  The bracket is bolted to the two out side bolts on the splash pan and filler, angles down about 45 degrees and then turns back at the bumper to catch the rear bumper bolt.  It look like it is 16 gauge, has a 90 degree turn out on each side facing the front on the top and bottom.  The turn out is just under 1/8".  Hope this helps.

Bill
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RAWms

Thank you Bill.

Looks a couple parts I need to go round up. 

r

...as of Apr 2007

shopratwoody

r, here's the bracket you need
later, Ron
I hate blocksanding!

RAWms

Thank you for the responses.  Hopefully I have a the parts on the way in the near future.  r

...as of Apr 2007

57 Ford Kustom

aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

RAWms

Thank you Tom.

Turns out after Ron posted the picture I realized I had the driver.   Yesterday Ranchero Wizard called to tell me he is sending two in the mail.  Looks like my inventory is fat. 

Thx again, r

...as of Apr 2007