News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Front and rear windshield rubber seals

Started by ECODE70D57FORD, 2007-03-16 16:51

Previous topic - Next topic

ECODE70D57FORD

Has anyone replaced the front and rear windshield rubber / seals in his 57 Ford lately?  The last set I bought about 8-10 years ago was from Carpenter and they worked perfectly.  I am just a bit concerned that things might have changed.  I heard that the son took over the business and read on the forum that  the attitude is different now when things do not fit.   I need them for my 57 2 Dr custom and would like buy a no hassle set that fits the glass and the car. 
Thanks in advance fellow 57 Fords Forever Members. Jay Arrow

RAWms

I replaced the windshield and back glass in my Ranchero with Carpentar rubber seals.  Everything went very well.  If I'm not mistaking there is a thread about both pieces of glass.  I think it is on this new site since the crashers thrashed the site some time back.  Take a look and if not there is lots of help here as the gang helped me.  Good luck, r
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

ECODE70D57FORD

Hi
Rawms.  How long ago did you buy the rubbers for your Ranchero from Carpenter?  Like I stated in my letter, when I did use them many many years ago, they worked well for me.  I am just a little concerned about that company now.  Installing them is not a problem for me.  Getting good ones is my concern.
Thanks  for your reply Jay

RAWms

It was about 6 to 9 months ago.  r
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

ECODE70D57FORD

OK.
RAWms   That is good enough for me.  This means that I can still get good ones from Carpenter.
Thanks Jay