News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Headlight bucket parts

Started by Buckaroo, 2021-12-17 18:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckaroo

As the body shop tears down our car from the deer accident, they are finding more parts they need.  Behind the head light bucket there is a curved bracket on each side that the bucket screws into.  I have attached a couple of photos.  The bracket is missing on one side of the bucket.  Does anyone have one or know where I can get one?  Secondly, I could use a passenger side headlight bucket.  I have not been able to find them in any of my catalogs.  Mine is bent and it was sand blasted at one time and the metal is pretty thin.  Any leads would be appreciated.

abe_lugo

That actually the bracket that holds the eyebrow trim in. From the rear. You hardly see those come up. 
I think I have suggested a seller from eBay for parts. 
This in case you don't get any hits year

seller:forthebeachonly 1957

Reasonable prices but you have to be specific with the parts you need. 
It's also better to have a good list to save on shipping and maybe buy a whole lot at a time.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

Buckaroo

RICH MUISE

The headlight buckets do not "screw into" those brackets. They are spacers for the eyebrow only, and are actually not needed if you can't find one.
I couldn't find good headlight buckets to replace my badly rusted ones (other members said they had no problem finding some), so I came up with a way to repair. I may have a thread here....I'll look. Anway, the repair I did maybe 8 years ago, and I had a good look at them just a few months ago when trying to align my front sheetmetal, and they still look perfect. I can lead you thru the repair if you want................no metal work/welding involved.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

alvin stadel

I have extra headlight buckets, cleaned & painted you can have one just for shiping.  If  you want one send me your contact info and we can go from there. Take care, Alvin

RICH MUISE

Good for you Alvin!! I believe left and right are different, correct?

57chero

The only difference is the length of the pig tail, which can be swapped side for side.

Buckaroo

Alvin, WOW!  Thank you.  I sent you an email with my shipping information

KULTULZ

The 'HEADLAMP BUCKETS' were serviced only in the HDL ASSY B7A 13008-C.

The FDR MLDG (RS) is B7A 16074-A.
The MLDG RETAINER (RS) is B7A 16086-A

MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

Buckaroo

Thank you for the diagrams

Buckaroo

Headlight bucket offer didn't work out.  I still need one head light bucket.  Does anyone have solid one they can part with?  Please let me know. 

RICH MUISE

As mentioned earlier..the left and right are different. Thanks for the diagram, Kultulz...it refreshed my memory. You can't just rotate the bucket 180*, because it puts the mounting clips for the bezels up-side-down.

57chero

Why would you need to rotate the bucket? to swap side to side, I still think the only difference is the length of the wire pig tail. The short one goes on the driver side and the longer one goes on the pass. side. Just like the diagram shows the only left and right are the pig tails because of the length. I might have a couple of extra, Ill double check to see if I'm right.

57chero

Well, I was wrong. The openings on the fenders are shaped different where the bucket goes in, so there is a right and a left.

KULTULZ

Quote from: 57chero on 2021-12-22 17:43

Well, I was wrong. The openings on the fenders are shaped different where the bucket goes in, so there is a right and a left.

Don't feel like the LONE STRANGER as the MPC lied to me and I fell for it ...  :-\

I see now what is being described -

MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN