News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Headlight bucket parts

Started by Buckaroo, 2021-12-17 18:48

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

Gasman is correct, the ones i purchased from James were NOS with yellow paint stencils also:

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

KULTULZ

I don't understand.

The photos I posted were called out as REPRO. This is where the confusion is, not if OEM SERVICE REPLACEMENT or REPRODUCTION. If you have the OEM photos, needed is a front shot of both. They will be the same as the '57 front clip photo I posted.

Did you ever get rid of the QUADRI-BEAMS on your '57?
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

CobraJoe

Yes I did:

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

KULTULZ

Are you happy with the new look? I see you went with the OEM grille/park lamps also.

Were you able to ID any of the HDL take-off parts as whether to factory parts or an aftermarket kit?
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

RICH MUISE

Joe, although the dual hl and straight tube grille looked good, as you bought it, the original design was much better..............exactly why, even with all the mods on my car, I left the headlights and grille as-is. Good for you on going back.
Am I noticing a shortening of the headlight rings? That is one mod I do like.
BTW, you were really lucky to have found the nos headlight surrounds. Using the repros, even EMS, is a ton more work.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

KULTULZ

QuoteAm I noticing a shortening of the headlight rings? That is one mod I do like.

That is the one thing I hated about the '57, bug eyes.

The '56 pickup mod with the trim rings even look worse (to me).
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

CobraJoe

Very happy with the results and I only bought the car because of it's condition and the rear bumper mod all along planning on changing it back to single headlights.

Yes, I found a FOMOCO part # and it looks like '58 headlights...   :puke:

...and no, I did not shorten up the rings.

KULTULZ

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2022-10-10 16:50Very happy with the results and I only bought the car because of it's condition and the rear bumper mod all along planning on changing it back to single headlights.

Yes, I found a FOMOCO part # and it looks like '58 headlights...  :puke:

Isn't that something, mounting 58 HDLS on a '57. It looked factory, but not that much different from the aftermarket kits available then.

Does it look like he used a 58 FORD FDR EXT on the 57 FORD FDR and then used the 58 HDLS?

FDR EXT - 1957 & 58 FORD.png

HDL ASSY - 1958 FORD.png

Glad it turned out nice for you ...

MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

CobraJoe

Thank you and Negative on the fender extension; he cut and modified the original '57 Buckets:

As far as under the headlights, it's all the original Sheet metal. The interior was reworked to accommodate the 58 lights, the round headlight part was cut out and they filled the gap in between with sheet metal, keeping the lower body line original:

CobraJoe

I feel like I'm stealing this thread, so most of the info from my conversion can be found here, staring at post # 2698:

https://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=4578.2685

SkylinerRon

Ford made the buckets the same, they just used different pigtails.

Ron.