News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Fairlane power steering control valve rebuild

Started by vjjack04, 2023-02-28 14:46

Previous topic - Next topic

vjjack04

Folks,
Hello. This is my first post on this forum. Interested in getting some help from you experts. I am working on a friend's 57 Fairlane. It had a leaking pwr steering control valve. I took it off and believe I have the correct seals for the inside of the valve. However when I took the valve apart it seemed to have a mixture of parts which included two rubber seals on each side. And it was leaking. Does anyone have a exploded view of this valve which would show the parts inside and how they go together. I will appreciate any help I can get. Here's a picture of the part, and its status now.

57 steering pump.jpg

oldave57

If you have access to a 1957 Ford shop manual, the control valve repair is covered in a 5-page section.  The file size would be too large to attach here if I tried to scan it, however. 

Good Luck,
Dave

lalessi1

Working on getting that info for you. I took (5) photos and I will post them when my computer gets the email. Sometimes that can take an hour or two... no idea why...
Lynn

lalessi1

Here you go...
Lynn

lalessi1

One more. Hope this helps!
Lynn

vjjack04

lalessi1
Thank you; i appreciate this very much.

vjjack04

By the way, here's my friends car, that i am working on....
resixa.jpg

lalessi1

Lynn

RICH MUISE

Good job, Lynn.
Those pics brought a smile to my face............so 60's. That's exactly what I envisioned when I got and started on my car....cruiser skirts, lake pipes, spotlights, etc. Boy did I go astray, lol.
Welcome to the forum Jack (?).
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Rich you can still complete that vision.  There are several good looking 300s out there in need of a little love.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II