News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

In need of a Ranchero Ribbed Floor Bed

Started by KYBlueOval, 2015-07-15 05:16

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

I'd like to find a decent Ranchero Ribbed Bed Floor. The one I have is in three pieces. I can weld it back together, but it's a lot of work. For the record I did not make it into three pieces! Previous owners did. Regardless, I'd like to find one.
Thanks
John   5027730592

Limey57

I can't help but I do sympathise.  Mine was cut into two pieces and then hinged to provide access under the bed.  The problem was whoever did it didn't use a straight edge to cut it and then used house-hold interior door hinges crudely arc-welded into place!  I welded mine back together as finding a complete one over here was impossible.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

KYBlueOval

Limey57........same situation. It was cut up and household hinges were installed. I can weld it all back.........but owe it to myself to see if I can find a decent one and save a lot of work. And yes, finding a used whole bed in the U.K., would be impossible at best.
John

hiball3985

I've seen so many that have been cut up and hinged  :005: Hope you can find one locally thats a large heavy piece to have shipped. Good luck in your search.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Zapato

Portland,Oregon craigslist under 58 ford parts guy parting out 58 ranchero, has bedpan For $250- its in Toledo, WA phone number 360-798-4203 no name given can't answer to text so contact by calling. states nothing but surface rust if any.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

KYBlueOval

Thanks Zapato.............presently, I'm working on two I've located. One in Texas and one in Michigan.I'll contact the guy in Oregon as well.
What I've run into is sellers unwilling to ship. I've even offered to build a crate and ship it to them empty, and have then pull six screws, slide the bed in and send it back to me. And they say no, too much effort on their part.I've offered to pay for their time and materials to build a crate, the answer is the same . Not interested. I'll find one. I don't give up easily.
And again, thanks for thinking of me , when you say the listing on Craig's list.