News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

hit the jackpot, maybe its time to buy a lottery ticket

Started by Zapato, 2015-04-08 08:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

Got home late last night from once again checking my father-in-law into the hospital and fixed myself a bite to eat and sat down to check my e-mail. And as often happens there was an ''alert'' email from the HAMB. Opened it up and a guy was selling a bunch of 57 stuff. Books, stuff from Carpenters, trim, window cranks and on and on. Somehow I was the first to respond and quickly we struck a deal.

Check it out its the thread    Anyone into the 57ford ......   post 452  and then tell me if my next step should be to buy a Powerball ticket.

So what had started out as a lousy day ended up going my way.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Ecode70D

Quote from: Zapato on 2015-04-08 08:34

Check it out its the thread    Anyone into the 57ford ......   post 452  and then tell me if my next step should be to buy a Powerball ticket.

Couldn't find it.........

Zapato

some have asked what was in this ''jackpot'' so here's an incomplete list.

factory body and (2*) chassis catalogs, shop manual and the body,trim and sealant assembly manual. Countless little bags of Dennis Carpenter parts ranging from molding clips to rubber body plugs, some gaskets, screws guessing 40-50 bags. 3 polished and put away side spears for a custom. Some still to be identified heavy brackets, maybe body mounts, headliner bows, inside door handles, window cranks one vent window assembly and on and on. Figured I came out ahead just on the Dennis Carpenter parts specially since the rubber pieces are all pre-China production.

And all for 2 bills and he covered shipping.

* one headed to Amarillo today.
Zapato

RICH MUISE

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Zapato

RICH MUISE

It did..I just haven't had time to transfer them from my face to the computer.
For the guys that don't know what Zap and I are talking about...Zap ended up with two copies of the "1955-56-57 Ford passenger car and Thunderbird chassis parts and accessories catalog". This is one I had been looking for at swap meets for years to round out my collection of '57 manuals. Zap pm'd me last week to see if it was one I'd be interested in having. Heck Ya!! He got it in the mail to me and it just arrived this afternoon. I owe him and his wife a steak dinner at the Texas Roadhouse whenever he can get down here.
The chassis manual, btw, is the one that answers all the questions that the others don't address.
I had never seen one for the '57's, just heard about them, until Zap sent me this one. Thanks again Zap.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe