News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Frame almost done!

Started by tarheel57, 2010-11-29 22:09

Previous topic - Next topic

tarheel57

I had a week off for Thanksgiving so it give me time to get my frame painted and put back together.  I posted 7 pictures of my frame under gallerys,but somehow got them under members rides instead of under construction,sorry. I used one of Wildhogs rack & pinnion setups ( which works very nice ) and front and rear swaybars from Thunderbirds Southwest,and 3" drop spindles and disc brake setup from Fatman Fabrications.So far I am pleased with the way its turning out. Tarheel57  :burnout:

shopratwoody

Now that is nice. Beautiful :unitedstates:
I hate blocksanding!

RICH MUISE

Ditto! really pretty...you've been busy. r&p setup looks great.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57AGIN

Rich:

I can hardly wait to see the finished project.  Your frame and front end work really is some eye candy.

Bob
57 AGIN

Frankenstein57

Nice work, looks first rate.  I posted in the wrong section once, wasn't to hard to switch. Mark

RICH MUISE

Tarheel...is your name Rich also or has Bob got us confused. I'm confused. lol.  Rich

tarheel57

He's not to far off,its Rick.

RICH MUISE

Rick...what did you end up using for shocks and did you have to modify the rear brackets? If so could you post a close-up pic of the new brackets.  thanks Rich

57AGIN

Guys:

Don't know if this would be of interest for your frame preparation.  When I had the CalTrac traction bars installed on my 57, I converted my rear shocks to the more modern type of Strange Eng. adjustable shocks.  To do the change, the lower shock mounts had to be changed, they now bolt through the rear leaf spring bracket mount assembly (These shocks use a heavy duty grade 8 bolt bolting through a fabricated bracket to attach the lower shock to the spring bracket mount assembly instead of using the stock bayonet lower shock mount type).

I've attached a couple of photos of the revised lower shock mount set-up.

Bob
57 AGIN

tarheel57

Rich,I used Gabriel gas shocks ( heavy duty ones ),and keep my original upper and lower rear mounts.Tarheel57 :burnout:

luelui57

Great looking frame.  Are the springs relocated?  I'm planning a minitub on my 57 Ranchero.
Any tips are appreciated.
Thanks Louie
57 Ranchero
Robert Pond aluminum 482 FE
Best quarter mile 11.42 117
Best eighth mile 7.29 @ 94
Street legal thru mufflers

tarheel57

Thanks Louie,the rear springs are in the stock location.Im sure some of the guys on the site have done the mini tub on their 57 that can be a lot of help.Thanks and good luck.Tarheel57 :burnout: