News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

351 oil pan

Started by Frankenstein57, 2008-10-20 19:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankenstein57

I'm planning to run a 351 van/ truck engine in my 57. I bought a oil pan on ebay ,but it was for a car 351. My van engine has a larger rear main. Anyone know of a front sump pan to fit the larger rear main? And while I have your attention, would a 302 roller cam setup work in a 351-with longer pushrods?   Thanks, Mark

57chero

Im using a 351W out of a 78 van in my ranchero  and swapped the pan out with 76 torino 351W with no problem also had to change the pickup tube.As far as I know all windsor pans should be the same bolting up to the block.

Frankenstein57

Hey all you ford experts, I'm counting on ya.  I know the 351 truck engine has a larger rear main, cause the pan won't go on.....Help!

wildhog

I think that you might have a pan off of a 302 ,looks the same with a smaller rear main. All 351w have the same size rear main, car or truck. hope this helps Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Frankenstein57

That was the problem, I bought a 351 pan, bolts right on. Anyone needs a front sump 302 chrome pan, I think I paid about $35 plus shipping, Mark