News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

disc brake flex hoses HELP

Started by delrio wagon, 2009-05-10 13:09

Previous topic - Next topic

delrio wagon

Last night I went to install the brake flex hoses to the hard lines. I hooked them up and it looks like sharp turns will get the flex line in a bind and hit the lower control arm. It also puts a pretty good kink in the line. Am I doing something wrong or do I need a different flex line? If I do need a different flex line what application do I need. I am using 77 model granada setup. I am pretty sure I have the calipers are on the correct side. The bleed screw is slightly facing up not down. Thanks for any help..

shopratwoody

My Torino spindles the calipers have the hoses on the front side. I used Torino brakes hoses
and the bracket off the Torino on the frame to join and hold the hose and hard line.
Just position it so they don't  stretch to far in the turn mode.
I hate blocksanding!

57 Ford Kustom

I used Granada disc and hoses and made my own brackets and mounted to spring tower on the front side. no problem with hoses kinking  and I also have 3" dropped springs.

TOM :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

57chero

I had the same problem , so I routed mine in front also I used the bracket off the granada and mounted it to frame.If you go to the gallery under construction second row from the bottom there is a picture of my car with the motor just in no front sheet metal pass. side and it shows the brake line.

delrio wagon

Thanks got them mounted and hooked up today. I just mounted them like 57chero. Back to work!!