News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

No drop spindles conversion?

Started by cruisin57ford, 2010-07-03 14:14

Previous topic - Next topic

cruisin57ford

As I read through the threads I see everyone has a drop involved when swapping spimdles.  Is there any way around, by using a certain cars spindles, to get away rom any drop.  I am running 15's with 235-60R15's and a drop by cutting springs makes the tires grab the fenders during turning.  I have more stock front springs if I go with the spindle swap but just want to know what I am in for.

cruisin57ford

At least what iare the minimal drop spindles if there are non which cause no drop.

wildhog

IF I REMEMBER RIGHT THE SPINDLES FROM A 77-79 T-BIRD MAINTAIN ABOUT THE STOCK RIDE HEIGHT. HOPE THIS HELPS TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

57chero

You could go with bolt on disc brake  kit that bolts to your original spindles.

RICH MUISE

the Granada spindles that many use can be set up for drop or no drop depending on the size of the tappered hole that has to be reamed out to fit the 57 ball joint. the larger the hole, the more it drops onto the stock ball joint and the closer to original ride height. Call dave at drop n stop, he can tell you how close they can actually get it to original height with the granada spindles.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Frankenstein57

There was a guy on ebay a while back that sold a bolt on bracket kit for your spindles, then you could buy s-10 calipers and mustang rotors at the parts store. I don't think I still have the listing, I'll re post it if I find it. Mark

Frankenstein57

I found the listing, the company is called scarebird. The ebay listing is #390178774259, 57 and up bracket kit for $155, accepts mustang rotors, s-10 calipers. They sell similar kits for many other brands, makes. You have to run 15" wheels or 14" granada wheels. Mark