News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Trans Adapters

Started by uncleaud, 2008-02-14 08:58

Previous topic - Next topic

uncleaud

I'm looking to put an overdrive tranmission behind the 312 in my 57 Tbird. The only two companys that I can find that make the adapters are Wilcap and Berndsten (not sure of that spelling). Has anyone had any experience with either of the two adapters or does anyone know of any other companys that do the same sort of thing. Thanks

fomocochoptop

Gary Croan i beleive has this Conversion Available- i Met him a couple of years ago.  He was looking for Bellhousing for y-blocks at the time for this AOD Conversion.  he is very Knowledgeable.  Bristol services Company he is out of Costa Mesa ,Ca (949) 722 1122 or email him at getbird@pacdell.com
hopes this helps.

lotsafords

Installed the Bernstein adaptor along with a 292 in my 55 bird a couple of years ago.  Really a nice product.  Craftsmanship was great, made the project pretty easy.  If you have additional questions give me a call @ 559-301-3437 or jackf@acespack.com.

uncleaud

Just an update for anyone interested. I went with the Wilcap adapter for no other reason than it was quite a bit less money. Took about a month to receive parts, but the parts are great and communication with the company has been great. Got the adapter, flywheel starter and necessary hardware to adapt my 312 y-block to a GM 700r4 or any such bellhousings. The motor and transmission are going in a 1957 Thunderbird that I am in the  middle of doing a frame off restore. I had to do a little fabrication work around the top center cross member to clear the transmission pan. Last night I took the body off the rotissorie and set it back on the frame to rough things up and it fit better than Henry would of done it. Stock shifter will work with very little effort. The drivshaft will have to be lengthened about 3 inches. All and all I'm pleased with the results and I'm sure the old 312 will appreciate the ability to loaf along in high gear. If you have any specific questions give me a shout. apierce@ispmgt.com and I'll try and answer. 

Dakota

Bob Bendtsen is one of the nicest guys i have ever delt with, i have used his adapters in other projects, and they are TOP NOTCH. I would reccoment him to anyone.  I have met him in person, attended some of his Seminars, and seen his stuff.  His operation is good.

Im not sure in the spread of things that hes the cheapest, but he has the right parts, and it will work the first time.
Hot Rodders are the True Artists, Restorers just paint by number. ~ Luanne Rosenow

uncleaud

Wasn't badmouthing Bob or trying to sell Wilcap. Just passing on info for those interested in the subject.

Dakota

i wasnt trying to imply you were badmouthing Bob at all, im sorry if it came acrost that way.  I wanted to just say my experience with them.  Ive used Wilcap also with no problems. Mostly for early ford stuff.

im sorry if i came acrost rude.

Aaron
Hot Rodders are the True Artists, Restorers just paint by number. ~ Luanne Rosenow

KidKourier

jOHN mUMMERT SELLS ONE FOR A t-5 TRANS FOR $150,BOLTS TO BELL HOUSING THEN TO TRANS IF YOUR WANTING A 5-SPEED. kid