News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Does anyone sell the hardtop flipper/flapper springs?

Started by greaseball, 2015-01-19 17:23

Previous topic - Next topic

greaseball

You know those springs that operate the hard-top drip rail (raising and lowering when a door is opened or closed)? Well I need some for my '57 fairlane 500, and I'd kinda like new ones. Seems like someone ought to re-pop such an important little piece, but heck if I know who or where to start looking. You can find 'em all day long for chevy's on ebay, but I haven't seen any for fords of this year (57/58).

JimNolan

Quote from: greaseball on 2015-01-19 17:23
You know those springs that operate the hard-top drip rail (raising and lowering when a door is opened or closed)? Well I need some for my '57 fairlane 500, and I'd kinda like new ones. Seems like someone ought to re-pop such an important little piece, but heck if I know who or where to start looking. You can find 'em all day long for chevy's on ebay, but I haven't seen any for fords of this year (57/58).
I had to buy used ones that worked. Looked long enough for those. They didn't repop in 2008
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

greaseball

Rats.
Any idea if two and four doors were the same, or if they were different side-to-side or anything?
Thanks!!

Wirenut

I saw on U tube where a guy purchased some spring wire at Fastenal and showed how he made his own very simple and easy. I made a set to see if I could do it out of a thinner wire and it worked well. I called Fastenal for the wire and they said it is not a stock item at the local store but they can get it. You might also try looking for the ones for the tri chevy, (I know that's almost like blastphemy) a friend suggested I look at them to see if they are the same he thinks they might interchange and they are available through Ecklers.
Good luck..

greaseball

That's cool. I was looking on ebay at Chevy springs, but it actually kind looks like they re-pop '56 ford springs also and I think those might be even more similar than the chevy's.
:dontknow: