News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

spindle / ball joint stud

Started by 05gt, 2009-03-06 15:40

Previous topic - Next topic

05gt

I'm in the process of putting my front suspension back together, but am running into a problem. When I jack up the lower control arm and put the ball joint stud into the bottom part of the spindle, it makes it about 80% of the way through, and then gets stuck. It wont make it past the little lip on the stud that's between the thread and the smooth part that actually stays in the spindle. The stud goes into the hole in an angle, and theres not any more room to move it at the arm LCA hits the brake drum. I've tried to wiggle it around, turn the drum to get it on, but nothing seems to work. Am I missing something, or is there some sort of trick to get it back together. My wheels are coming in this week, and I need to get it back together asap.

wv 57s forever

i belive i had to put the bottom on first then the top

05gt

The top of the spindle is still attached to the car. I had done a coil swap, and just needed the bottom unbolted. The service book says to just jack it up and place the stud through the spindle.....hmmmm.