News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

ABS rebuilt box?

Started by 05gt, 2010-02-08 17:28

Previous topic - Next topic

05gt

I contacted ABS about their steering boxes (was calling about the 567), and found out that they also rebuilt stock steering boxes. Have any of you ever used them for this service? The price starts around $175, and they will contact you with the final price before completing the work. As much as I'd love to move up to a form of power steering, I'd rather keep it as origional as possible.

Anyone have any experience from them? I think I may end up giving it a shot.

johns2000

I've dealt with them several times and was alway treated good!!

shopratwoody

I've had good luck there also..
I hate blocksanding!

57AGIN

05GT:

Ditto, the two previous comments.  ABS people and equipment have been good for me and my 57.  I've had their vacuum front disc brake conversion on my 57 for 6 years and any questions I've had have been quickly answered.  Both Rick (57Tudor) and I have added their electric hydraulic pump to our braking systems (replacing the vacuum booster on mine and Rick's unassisted master cylinder on his).  I haven't dealt with them on steering boxes, YET.  But may in the near future.  If you do purchase one of their steering boxes, let us know about your experience and how it works on your 57.

Bob
57AGIN 

05gt

Sounds promising, thanks for the input fellas! Looks like I need to go in the garage and do some work then. Will keep you guys updated once i get it done and back!