News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Any one tried crown vic

Started by amp1956, 2014-01-14 21:45

Previous topic - Next topic

amp1956

Has anybody used a late model crown vic cross membership section on their car I know some guys with older ford truck have done  it but have not seen any cars yet
:unitedstates: :icon_bigsmurf:

Frankenstein57

I used a cross member from a Lincoln ,has to be close. Its not a bolt in, has to be fabbed.  There is some pictures in the gallery, under construction.  Mark

amp1956

Thanks I'll check it out mine is a all original driver at this time and I have access to many part for crown vics

65kcode

If you are referring to the 2003-11 aluminum bolt-in front suspension, the pickup front frames are fairly flat in shape, where the 57's have a hump in the frame where the cross member fits in .  It would be a ton of fabing to get it right.

But... anything can be done..haha

Kevin

Boss/Cyclone

I considered this too.  After measuring I decided the crown vic front end was too wide.   Also alot of work would have to be done to the 57 Ford frame to allow this swap.  Including cutting out the coil spring mount, frame straightening and modificication. 
57 Ford two door wagon
67 Shelby GT500 #2100 428, dual quads, 4speed
65 Cyclone drag car, 427, 4speed, ladder bars, etc.
64 Cyclone, Aztec Gold, 289, 4speed
66 Mustang GT fastback 347 5speed 4.22 gears
69 Mustang GT convertible 351 auto