News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Country Sedan mocha silver V8 4dr wagon

Started by djfordmanjack, 2016-11-29 03:06

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

Gee guys...blue sky...76+...and no wind, snow rain or anything else annoying. Now tomorrow...might rain a bit...other than that...nice weather coming. Joe should see it in a day or so...I am trying to blow it your way bud... :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

It's breaking here, but still a lot of rain, here's the 7 day forecast:

There're saying temps are supposed to drop again next week.    bawl

DJ,  on the  leg; Tuesday they x-ray'ed it and have me putting 25% of my body weight on it with crutches.
Hey, it's a start.
Thanks for asking Bud.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

djfordmanjack

good news, Joe! I have broken some bones and had major surgery and all and it's a great feeling when you actually can start putting some weight on it again. I will never forget my first steps after having spine surgery...probably the best pee in my life... :002: :003:

weather sounds good, pretty much the same what we are having here. Still not nice enough, like feeling of taking your collector car out on a trip or so.

djfordmanjack

So spring is finally here !
( well it was.... actually today is overcast and cool, but hopefully better weather will be back for the weekend)
anyways, time for a spring pic and my very old pear tree blossoming. Probably same age as the 57CS or even older, has been on the property forever.

CobraJoe

Very nice, looks like it's finally going to warm next week! We had some warm weather here for a while, but the last week and a half have been cool, mostly because of a north Canadian wind.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

djfordmanjack

Not much happening here, Finally it feels like summer coming in, but  I missed our annual seaside trip for family reasons and also the gas price is just horrible now. €2.29 a litre, that is way over $10 a gln.
Today I was stuck in a local traffic jam for 20 minutes or so and I was just literally watching the gauge go down....hahaha....never mind. Took some car and house parts to the sandblaster and picked them up later. It seems that's what those ole longroof cars were made for.... :003:

Cant help but staring at this striking and aggressive, yet humble but intense look of the 57 front. I just love it !

Here is some crazy fun shot. Pulled my Del Rio dash from storage to put it on display in the basement cabinet. it is the same interior color as on the Country Sedan.

Interestingly enough I will find dozens of flaws on the oem 57 dash ( that I want to customize or 'clean out'), like all the panel dividers, ridges, gaps, asymmetrical ashtray and speaker grill, strange speedo design and all, but I still come back thinking, how nice the original layout works, with the flowing upper dash shape, the super clean (still art deco style) clock, chrome inserts, idiot lights and switch panels. Crazy, I know....

glenmichael

Outstanding pictures, I love the one with the tailgate down, Thanks for sharing !!

RICH MUISE

ditto! Thanks for posting them, Gunter.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rmk57

I like the magnetic key holder. I have the  same one tucked up in the frame rail on my car.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

smkeeman

djfordmanjack

My Country Sedan doing what it does best. Being out in the Country ! :003:
(At my parents place in the southern Austrian Alps)

Wirenut

Beautiful scenery and the cars look great. I love the Triumph. I had a 69 Bonneville 650 in the early seventies and still miss it. I had to rethink the brake and shift pedals anytime I switched to an American (Harley)or Japanese bike since they are opposite. My best friend at the time had a Trident.
Thanks for posting the photos.

RICH MUISE

Can't possibly be anything wrong in this world when you see pics like those. Thanks Gunter.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

Thank you both !

I had to do some work on the house so brought a lot of tools and hardware, which fit nicely in the 57 CS. comes in handy for such a job and sure is fun to drive out. Had great weather all weekend. Also brought a new battery for my '59 5TA and she fired up quickly after a few kicks. Haven't been riding the bike in years, but love to kick her once in a while and listening to the sweet sound of the British 500ccm twin. Maybe I'll take her out a little more after my son is grown up (in a few years). I really do love each of those 3 rides.
My passion for 57 Fords and old buildings has been going on for quite a while now. just dug up this fun pic, same building, different cars, 21 years apart. :002:
and Happy Independence Day, everyone ! :unitedstates:

abe_lugo

Thanks for the cool pics.  Looks like it was a great day!
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008