News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Custom progress

Started by Custom_Shelby, 2016-01-23 18:59

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

Absolutely gorgeous!
Lynn

Custom_Shelby

Finished with the assembly of the front clip components.  A few more small things, then flat bed it down to have the exhaust system built.

BWhitmore

Absolutely Beautiful! 

rmk57

Workmanship is as good as it gets far as I can see.

Great looking car.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Custom_Shelby

Thanks both of you!

BWhitmore

I wonder what your car would look like with body color wheels (green) and dog dish hubcaps.  Truly a beautiful car and OUTSTANDING craftsmanship.

rmk57

What kind of Ford did you get your front spindles, rotors and all from?
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Custom_Shelby

1968 Ford Torino GT disc brakes, they worked quite well.

KYBlueOval

Custom Shelby..........looks great. Can you please tell me what paint you used on your frame?
Thanks
John

racton

:unitedstates:                      Beautiful

Custom_Shelby

Oh geez, I don't remember concerning the paint used on the frame, shot that part of it a long time ago, it was what was recommended by the auto paint shop here in the valley.  all I can remember was exterior rust resistant semi-gloss black.  After I got through with the frame, I disassembled the rear axel, springs  and front suspension then started on them. sorry! 

Custom_Shelby

Nice when everything goes back together and it all fits the way it should....

RICH MUISE

You're not going to actually drive it, are you? lol.
That car is way over the top.
Off topic, but I'm a little confused as to where you live...the Bougavaileas(sure I spelled that wrong) and the Yuccas tell me Socal...but the pile of firewood? Can you still burn wood in Socal?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Custom_Shelby

Haha!  The pile of firewood has been sitting there for years, Yes, Southern California, hasn't been cold enough here in the winter to burn the wood in the fireplace, not since 2010, and thanks for the compliment on the car, gonna be interesting when I first turn the key on the Boss 302, that's coming soon.  I'll shoot video on that.

BWhitmore

Rich - yes you can still legally burn real wood in your fireplace in So. California but hasn't been cold enough to do that for several years.  However in most communities it is against building codes to build or remodel a home with a traditional wood burning fireplace.  My home was built in 1936 so this does not apply to me.