News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Custom progress

Started by Custom_Shelby, 2016-01-23 18:59

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

They do have NO BURN days in So Calif. and usually on the days you need it  :005: . My firewood has been sitting so long I think its becoming petrified  :003:.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Custom_Shelby

Custom_Shelby

Pretty much done with the Custom project except for a few instrument gauge problems.  I ran it out to the Cal Fire Air Attack base here in Hemet CA for a photo shoot among the S-2's, OV-10's and UH-1 after a rain with some great clouds reflections. 

Custom_Shelby

A few more

Custom_Shelby

Last couple

rmk57

I was going to comment on the only thing I didn't like about your car overall and that was the GM style HEI setup you had in it.

Looks like you removed it and back to points, MSD or something else, anyway it makes the engine compartment look a whole lot

cleaner with the small black cap.

I really like the colour combo, beautiful car!
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

Looks pretty clean...are you sure you didn't trailer it out there?, lol.
Just yankin' your chain. That car is top notch all the way. I'm guessing you must be in the fire department to have them let you that close to the equipment without it being an open house.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Custom_Shelby

Something like that yes, a photographer for Cal Fire/US Forest Service / Phos-Chek Retardant.  I did the same thing with my 68 Shelby back in 2007, those pic's came out great too.  And I hated that HEI distributor, unfortunately it came with the Blue Print crate engine, I ordered a PreTronix Flame-Thrower breakerless distributor and coil, looks stock but puts out a lot more power.   

lalessi1

Absolutely drop dead gorgeous car. Beautiful in everyway!
Lynn

59meteor

Your 57 looks spectacular, especially since you got rid of that eyesore Chevy distributor! Love the Willow Green and white combo. I assume the 302 is a Ford crate motor? Does it actually use a Ford Racing "Boss" block, or a regular 302 2 bolt main block? Should be a great cruiser!
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

hiball3985

Beautiful car, I love the chrome wheels and everything else being close to original..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Custom_Shelby

Thanks guys!  After this one I think I'm done....although there is this 57 Ranchero that's been sitting out on a farm in the weather for decades, but THAT's more work than the Custom I believe...LOL....And somebody put a big block in it many years ago I see.

gasman826

Looks pretty complete...extra seat...rust free core support.  That BB looks near ready to go.  Set of points and.........

Jeff Norwell

Man.it's beautiful..you must be stoked.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

hiball3985

Nice pre 65 FE, 332-390. Fire it up  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang