News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Five Years (+10) and counting

Started by gasman826, 2014-05-20 19:20

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman826

Fatman control arms...no, not at this time.  I cut a wedge out of the upper control arms on the Raunch Wagon.  This modification really helped with the alignment numbers especially positive caster.  Since I had already done this modification, I installed new upper control arm bushings and modified the upper control arm on the Custom.  Another benefit of the modification is the rear, upper control arm bushing is further from the header.  If the upper control arm bushings fail again due to heat or the quality of the rubber, I'll change to tubular control arms with a better bushing material.

I really like the black color but have found it very illusive to get detailed photos.  All welded seams were filled.  The drip rails shaved.  The front and rear window stainless was eliminated.

SkylinerRon

How about some big pix of the car for us to drool on !!!!!

Ron.

gasman826

First cruise-in.  Last one for the season for this little local cruise-in.

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

lalessi1

VERY NICE! More pics of the finished product please...
Lynn

RICH MUISE

Looks awesome, Gary. Yeah, more pics. I'd like to see a side shot showing stance. It's still in the 90's here...lots more shows to come.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

gasman826

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Marc

KYBlueOval

RICH MUISE

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Gary I love that bird dash in there. Always thought they were one of the better dashes around!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

gasman826

Thanks for all your thoughts.

The dash came out really nice but very hard to work on.

mustang6984

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2022-08-05 08:47You have an awesome car, and an awesome garage. Not too many have their own A/C equipment, lol. This is the first time I've noticed you eliminated some seams........headlight surround, eyebrows, etc. I'd sure like to see pics of the car in full posing mode.

rich...I have seen the car...it is nothing short of a rolling work of art!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker