News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

My Custom Pics

Started by lalessi1, 2015-03-08 18:32

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

As soon as I find paint dividers I WILL use them! (Anybody have a pair?) You bring up another question...my car was originally all white. Should the inside of my trunk be black?
Lynn

rmk57

They come up on ebay the odd time, but any factory 2 or 4 door two tone custom will have them.
Just a guess but I would think the inside of your trunk should be white.

I two toned my custom to and just left the inside blue.

Again sharp looking car.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

My original white car had a white trunk.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

I am thinking a two tone car was painted a primary color first. In my case had my car been an original black and white I am imagining the entire car would have been black and the white added to the exterior. The door jambs, under the hood, the underside of the hood would have been black. Trunk and underside of the trunk??? How do you find these things out? I don't know..... just one more thing to wonder about.  :005:
Lynn

LAUDY57

This is a B&W custom like yours. In the trunk it looks like a white body, this car has not had a re-paint . There's a thread somewhere on here where I was told that there were paint jobs applied at some Dealerships. Maybe that would be why mine was possibly a white body going into the dealership.
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

Ford Blue blood

I think there was a hodgepodge mix.  My Retractable is red/white/red.  The interior of the trunk and body are white.  The red on the lower portion is red over white, the roof is red over primer.  A 2 Dr Ht I had was blue/white/blue, the trunk and interior were blue, the white was over blue and the roof was blue over primer.  I believe it was factory because of the tape lines.  My 58 Edsel was/is white roof over primer, the body is Jocquin Yellow with Sunset Coral coves.  The entire body and doors were painted coral, not the jams or the inside of the trunk, they were yellow with no coral under them.  The fenders were yellow over primer.  The roof is white over primer.  Can't say yet on the Ranchero, the only part that I have worked is the roof and it was green over primer.  One of the jams has green paint chiping off and it has tan under it.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II