Couple of 57's at the Starbird/Devlin car show in Wichita

Started by Thor, 2015-01-24 10:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Thor

I went to the Starbird/Devlin Car Show here in Wichita last weekend and saw a couple 57's there. First was a Rat Rod Ranchero Gasser.

Thor

Second was a slick looking 57 sedan.

RICH MUISE

Thanks for posting those. Good to see '57's. I may be up your way in 2 weeks for the Sunflower Swap Meet. Weather and wallet permiting, I'll be deciding between that and the Tri-state in Denver.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Thor

Let me know if you are coming up to the swap meet in Wichita. I would like to get a chance to meet you. If I can get off work I will be going on Friday early and then Saturday late (for the last minute cheep deals). If I can't get off work I will be going on Saturday most all day. It looks like it might be scaled back some as it reads "NO CAR BARN OR CARS ON TRAILERS FOR 2015" on the flyer. 

RICH MUISE

They've also announced this is the last year...go figure. My guess is the meet has gotten so far away from Model A stuff, it's not worth it for them to put it on. My guess is, hopefully, another organization will pick up the load of putting it on. It's just too good of a swap meet to let die.
As far as the no cars, I'm also guessing here, it's the rulke they had with sealing off gas tanks and disconnecting the battery. Hard to sell a car if you can't start it for a potential buyer.
I'll let you know if that's where I'm heading....heck with gas so cheap, I might do Witchita on Friday and head down 70 to Denver for Saturday.

Zapato

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2015-01-25 13:22
.heck with gas so cheap, I might do Witchita on Friday and head down 70 to Denver for Saturday.

love the way you think Rich.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

I looked at Mapquest today with that in mind. I was thinking Denver to Wichita couldn't be that far...I mean Colorado is right next to Kansas, right? 501 miles..the other two legs of the triangle would be in the 450 mile range. No way I could do the Wichita swap meet, then drive to Denver that night.
Cheap gas...I'm loving it, especially since I changed from a Grand Cherokee to a Subaru and only use half the quantity as well. Last weekend my wife and I drove to Clovis, NM...about a 240 mile round trip. I gassed up when we left and gassed up when we got back so she'd have a full tank (in her Camry) for work the following week. It took 10.40! gotta love it. I don't have to count the 161. speeding ticket I got on the way back, do I?

Zapato

don't you hate it when reality trumps fantasy............

Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: Zapato on 2015-01-27 21:19
don't you hate it when reality trumps fantasy............

And that sir,Is the Internet.
Ha Ha
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com