News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Grille

Started by Piperj3, 2013-05-14 05:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Piperj3

Hi Guy's,
Where's a good place to buy a grille ?
Thanks for the help.
Bob
Wis

Ford Blue blood

If you want original check ebay, they pop up there reguarly in varying states of condition.  Butches Cool Stuff is developing or has in production a tube grill for 57s and of course check with the "traditional" guys over on the HAMB.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

What Bill said. Just for reference, I saw two nice driver quality grilles at the Pate swap meet..200 and 250. I just checked Butch's site and there is no '57 grille listed yet. I did notice the verticle ss tube grille for the '55-'56 was 1250. There are at least several tube grille manufacturers that make a '57 grille. I've seen both chrome and stainless steel (would be my choice for sure), with different tube sizes and number of tubes. I'll look for some .coms if you want them.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

jumping jack flash

Hey Rich, After an absence of 20 years I am back in the restoration of a 57 ranchero. Was wondering about this Pate swap meet. Where, when , etc.Man the parts available are so much more expensive,and rare now. When I built my first 57 in 1969 rear shocks weren't even available.Now I can even replace the floors,and the rocker panels.Picked up a drivers side of a good driver grille at the New Braunfels swap meet for $20. and a nos grille splice for $35. That was about all they had for a 57 except the tail lights that every one sells.A little here and a little there, and this 57 will breathe again...in style. What I mean is rare is the used , still good stuff. More than ever , new stuff is available. I noticed that Ecklers has the nylon switch insert that is always broken on the 55-57 chevy windshield wiper motors.( they bolt right on to our 57 fords) .Less than $9 for that repair.

jumping jack flash

Me again Rich, Is pate the one at Texas speedway?

hiball3985

I just bought a grill for mine but I'm not sure if it's a OEM or some aftermarket. Weren't the originals polished stainless ? This one appears to be chrome plated but is 100% better then the one that is in it now which is also chrome and has large area's flaking off and rusted. I still don't have a center piece  :005:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Quote from: jumping jack flash on 2013-05-15 11:56
Me again Rich, Is pate the one at Texas speedway?
Yes...you just missed it by about 3 weeks.
Hiball...they oddly enough are all chrome. It was the one part on the car you would have expected to be stainless, but they are not. The two I saw at the Pate swap meet did not have the center pieces either. At least they weren't on display with the grilles..I wasn't needing one so I didn't ask.

hiball3985

Thanks Rich, that's good news for me. I got these for a decent price and probably cheaper then having the others re chromed. I think all the regulations here in Calif have caused plating prices to skyrocket..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

prices I've gotten for replating range from 500 to 850. I would imagine a place like Paul's would be close to 1K. I can't decide between having the oem one rechromed or a stainless custom tube grille. It will probably be a matter of which one pops up available at a good price. I may just clean up my really good driver quality oem one and install that down the road (LOL...it's been a long road with no end in sight yet) while I work on a custom grille. I ideally want the oem outer portion welded as one unit with the center section removed and replaced with s.s. bars...ala Burgoff's

hiball3985

Those kind of prices are not in my little budget, so I'm happy with what I bought for $140. They aren't show quality, a few really small scratches that are hardly noticeable  but nice enough for my driver..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2013-05-16 08:23
I just bought a grill for mine but I'm not sure if it's a OEM or some aftermarket. Weren't the originals polished stainless ? This one appears to be chrome plated but is 100% better then the one that is in it now which is also chrome and has large area's flaking off and rusted. I still don't have a center piece  :005:

Nope, chrome plated stamped steel, Ford didn't spend a lot on chrome.  Most start rusting on the back side first and then it works it's way into the park/turn light pockets and in the corners where the horizonal bars and vertical bars meet.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hiball3985

Mine have major rust on the front so I can only imagine what the back looks like, I haven't taken it off yet. The ones I purchased only show very light rust on the back side, they will out live me  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Zapato

piper go to the wrecking yard listings contact Clayton Bauer (Oregon) he'll treat you right. I bought a real nice driver quality one from him for $100- a few years back.

contact him at      rancharito@hotmail.com      he always responds quickly, its a sideline business so if you call him think evenings pacific time. his number is in BWhitmores' following post.

zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

BWhitmore

Claton Bauer is a top notch guy.  The best time to reach him is in the evening.  I will look for his phone number and post it.

BWhitmore

Clayton' s number is (503) 684-2059.