News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

wagon liftgate/tailgate opening trim or seal

Started by meteor, 2009-06-15 21:43

Previous topic - Next topic

meteor

Question for those with restored wagons...

There is a piece of trim, kind of plastic, maybe it's even a seal, that runs along the inside edge of the whole opening from the floor up and all the way around to floor on the other side. It's kind of a U-shaped piece that finishes the rough metal edge...what have you guys used?
check out my site: www.brightworkautoart.com

alstoy

Hi Meteor, in the Carpenter and Concours catalogue it is listed as B7A-5943706-A, liftgate weatherstrip.

meteor

Quote from: alstoy on 2009-06-17 21:40
Hi Meteor, in the Carpenter and Concours catalogue it is listed as B7A-5943706-A, liftgate weatherstrip.

I actually bought that weatherstrip, thinking it was the one I needed but nope. I think that weatherstrip is for sedan deliveries. What I'm looking for has to be a U-channel type piece that fits over the edge of the sheetmetal.

thx

Hoosier Hurricane

When I worked at a place that manufactures lift platforms, they used a channel they called "trim lock" for protection from sharp sheet metal edges.  Don't know who made it, they bought it in 100 ft rolls.  It is as you describe, came in different sizes.  I have a '66 Mustang, and it has that material along the roofline to hold the headliner in place.  Might try a Mustang place.  Comes in different colors to match the headliner.  Extends from the A pillar to the C pillar.

John

alstoy

Meteor, I just looked at Concours catalogue. They list 3 tailgate rubbers along with the one talked about above. On page 170 they show a diagram of the tailgate listing B5A-5941608-D, B5A-5943726-A, B5A-5941614-B. They look as though they will do the trick. I am just getting started on a 57 Country Sedan Street Rod and unless I get any other information will get those 3 from Concours, Carpenter or Vintagefordparts on e.bay.

Let me know how you solve it because I am not sure either. Cheers

Ford Blue blood

Auto upholstery suppliers, "pinch weld cover".
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

foooordy

DONT ORDER THAT LONG THIN ONE FOR WHOLE OPENING IT WILL NOT WORK FROM EXPERIENCE ON MY RW
57 Foooordy

meteor

thanks for the responses guys. I ended up using a roll of black door edge molding from the auto parts store. Easy and looks okay.