News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

427 Baldie Valve Covers..How to add breathers?

Started by Ford_Crazy, 2009-10-07 16:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford_Crazy

I have a nice set of 427 Baldie chrome valve covers that I would like to use on the 390 in my 70A.  I am running 428 CJ Heads and a CJ manifold with no front or rear breather holes.  Of course the valve covers don't have breather holes either.  I need to attach some aftermarket breathers to the covers, but they are round and I don't want to cut them on the top.  I'm thinking some kind of side mount breathers would work.  Anyone ever seen any breathers on these covers that looked good?  Thanks!

4banger

I run breathers on the intake side. They look fine to me. No one else never said anything about them, that they looked out of place. Take a white crew sock, cut about 1 1/2" down from the top ankle. Slide it over the breather and tuck it underneath the breather where the vent holes are. This will catch the vapors from the breather. When they get dirty,pitch them. Works for me.

4banger

PS. Forgot to tell you that I used round breathers and a rubber grommet. Push in style.

Ford_Crazy

Did you mount the breathers on the top of the cover in the traditional spot?

4banger

No, I mounted them on the side nearest to the intake. They sat on a slant.

Ford Blue blood

Save those covers and buy a set of 66GT/GTA chrome covers from one of the vendors!  Those "baldies" are worth twice the price of the new ones!  Tell you what, send me the baldies and I'll send you a set of the GTs.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

shopratwoody

I hate blocksanding!