News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

noisy speedo

Started by hivolt5.0, 2009-10-23 07:35

Previous topic - Next topic

hivolt5.0

hey all,  The other day the speedo in my Ranchero started making whirring/scratching sound and was jumping up and down. My immediate thought was the speedo cable is messed up.  So, I took out the cable and pulled the inner cable out for inspection.  Everything looked good so I lubricated it with grease and reinstalled the cable.  Afterwards I drove the Ranchero down the block and the speedo still made the sound and bounces.

Fortunately, I have another brand new speedo cable for a '48 F4 I'm restoring and comparing the two they were identical (except for the outer housing, Ranchero's being metal and the new cable for the '48 being that rubbery/plastic).  So, I put the brand-new cable in and took the Ranchero for a drive down the block and the speedo STILL made the noise and jumped around.

Any ideas on what is wrong and how to fix it????

thanks
David

57tudor

David.
Go to page 12 and look for "speedometer makes noise" you will find the answer to your dilemma.

Rick
57 Tudor
:unitedstates:

geraldchainsaw

how do u find page 12?????????????,  lfirst time i've heard of it.

57tudor

David.
Go to "General Tech Discussion" then to the left of the page at the top or bottom you will see "PAGES" scroll through the pages until you get to page 12. Look for "speedo makes noise" close to the bottom.
:welcome:

Rick.
57 Tudor