News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Vent Window Part Nos.

Started by 57ragtop, 2010-07-06 07:54

Previous topic - Next topic

57ragtop

A few years ago I purchased vent window frames for my 57 Convertible. Had them re-chromed by "Pauls" and found they were a bit smaller then my originals  :dumbass: Brought these on e-bay and was assured they were for my model. I now had my originals done and now have two frames and can not find what car they fit. Had two Ford guys check their parts books and they could not find these particular numbers:  BAC 5722223-A  and BAC 5722222-A. Can anyone find out what model these numbers are for. Thanks John

RICH MUISE

couldn't find the numbers in my body and trim manual, but you have to work backwards (you need to find the part then check the number assigned to it) so I may have missed it. The Ford dealer in my neighborhood told me the computers no longer listed parts going back that far, but I don't know if that's national or just a local thing. Maybe there is a place to go where you can poke in a part number and get info??? Lou may be able to offer some input on that.
Not to make you feel worse, but the frames didn't need to be rechromed...everything on them including the hinge posts and wing handle mechanism is stainless steel. A few hours with some abrasives and a buffing wheel and they'll look better than new. The handle itself is not stainless, but they make new ones.
That reminds me of a post I was going to do a while back and forgot about...I think we need to work on a comprehensive listing of what is stainless and what is chromed..any interest out there?   Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57ragtop

Thanks, Rich. Will keep trying to find model these frames fit.  John :002:

JPotter57

They may be for a Fairlane sedan, which will be smaller than convertible or hardtop.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

57ragtop

Thanks James, found out they are for 4 door hardtop.  John

smurfee

HI JOHN, I have an old set of dealers counter books (49 - 59 ) & those numbers are not listed anywhere in the book ??? :unitedstates: :icon_bigsmurf:
NEVER LOOK BACK

Hoosier Hurricane

Those numbers are casting numbers, not the part numbers.  I don't know of any resource to cross casting numbers to part numbers.  Rich, not all frames are stainless, some are chromed steel and they rust and pit.  Probably more than one vendor for them.

John

RICH MUISE

stainless/chrome ... good to know. I also heard some pieces of the windshield trim were chrome plated...mine were all stainless thankfully. As far as multiple vendors for the wing windows, according to dennis carpenter they were multiple sourced because some came with the glass set in with a liquid sealer, and others apparently were set in with a rubber pre-molded seal although, once again according to D.C. there is no part number for it.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe