News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

pulley kits FE

Started by 62galxe, 2012-08-21 18:22

Previous topic - Next topic

62galxe

Has anyone used the concept one system. I like the placement of everything just dont know if it fits in the car.
http://www.c1pulleys.com/car-pulley-kits/ford-pulley-kits/ford-fe-kits.html

Lou

These pulleys weight more than the originals, as far as looks go sending the originals out to be chromed would be a lot cheaper and you wouldn't have to worry about fit. Again it would depend on what look you are going for.

Tom S

Frankenstein57

I had posted a link awhile back on a company that had some good prices on pulley systems. I'm not sure what the topic started with, someone on this site had them on there engine. Hope that helped, Mark

62galxe

i dont have any pulleys or brackets. just lookin at options. the complete setup seemed priced accordingly with others.

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Tom S

Stock FE stuff should be easy to come by & as was mentioned you could get it chromed if you want that bling.
I guess I just ain't a billet kind of guy & sometimes I am a cheap SOB too. 

So I do a lot of things myself instead of buying them.  I have done an awful lot of high quality metal polishing & have steel parts on my Roadster that I have polished & look like chrome but I never got them chromed.  Some clear paint & in one case just wax keeps them from rusting.  We don't have a chrome shop here anymore anyway.

62galxe

Im cheap also but FE around here is in hiding. Junkyards dont save anything they can crush.

CableguyJJS3

This is something I've been thinking about for some time now. I've seen these kits and such, and yeah these prices are insane as far as I'm concerned. My idea is a ton of elbow grease but a whole lot cheaper. A quick look and I found a place online that sells 1/2" thick 6061 plate aluminum for $150. Spend some time on Rockauto looking at the pics of various power steering pumps and a/c compressors and alternators, pick pieces that will work with the rest of the car, are very common and very cheap, late Mustang stuff or Crown Vic is what I was thinking. Get the componets lay them out on the motor however you want to, make some cardboard templates, and then just make the brackets out of the plate aluminum. Drilling a couple holes and a jigsaw with a metal blade and it shouldnt be to hard. Then some finish shaping with a belt sander then polish it up if you like and your all set. Say $300 for the 3 components, $150 for the plate, and another $100 for misc spacers and hardware and your done. Round up high and still, $500 for a full setup and you can run whatever kind of belt system you like, pick common and easily replaceable components, and you good to go. Seems to me a better plan than $2000 for a specialty kit that is bolt on but what do you do when you need to replace the alternator or p/s pump?? How much do those things cost seperately from those places? And that idea doesn't have to be just for FE motors either, same concept would work on anything. I guess I'm just a really really cheap greaseball lol. Just my thoughts and opinions anyways.
Ban low performance driver's, not high performance cars.

petew

CVF Racing has some nice products and reasonable pricing. As for stock pulleys the water pump and alternator are the same as most small block Ford motors of that era. In fact I have often used small block water pump pulleys of a smaller diameter to speed up the water pump on some of my FE's .
Most swap meets have milk crates full of them for $10.00 each , just a matter of knowing what you are looking for.