News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Removal of instrument cluster

Started by Raven Rider, 2014-11-24 09:37

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

Removing the complete dash is a major project in my opinion, it requires disconnecting electrical, control cables, garnish moldings etc. I would invest in a cheap flexible nut driver and try that first. I took mine off with just a 1/4 drive and socket but I think a flexible drive would make it easier..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Raven Rider

Yes sir hiball3985 you are right it will be the seat and the steering wheel for me I need to take the steering wheel off to attempt to repair the many cracks in it since I can't find a good one.  Now where is that flexible drive at?

RICH MUISE

Jerry...
I'm not using my old fresh air vents...you're welcome to them. If you're still planning on vintage air, you won't need them though. Let me know...my wife's cousin is going to be coming thru Amarillo on here way to Buckeye, so I can even get them to you (sorta..I know what it's like one side of Phoenix to the other)
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Quote from: Raven Rider on 2014-11-25 10:33
Yes sir hiball3985 you are right it will be the seat and the steering wheel for me I need to take the steering wheel off to attempt to repair the many cracks in it since I can't find a good one.  Now where is that flexible drive at?
Most auto parts store, Harbor Freight, Ebay all have them. 
Something like this.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jawco-1-4-Drive-12-Spinner-Handle-Flexible-Flex-Socket-Nut-Driver-MADE-IN-USA-/141353412179?pt=US_Srewdrivers_Nut_Drivers&hash=item20e951e653
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Raven Rider

Rich do you think there is room for the left vent after I go with Vintage Air?  I like to  use the fresh air when I'm at my wife's house in Payson, the pine air smells really good.  If you think it will work I'll take you up on that offer. It isn't too bad if I go to Buckeye on the week end or even better if I happen to need to do some maintenance work in Buckeye.  We have a customer out there I haven't serviced in a while

RICH MUISE

The left one just may work. I may have spoke too soon though, I need to go look and make sure I haven't already given them away.....I've got something in the back of my head about those, but I can't remember what it was....I'll get back later.

Raven Rider

RICH MUISE

I've got them. I also have the new rubber seals, etc. for them I'll send along. I don't know which is L or R, so I'll send them both. PM me your phone number so I can have Sherri call you when she gets home...may be a few weeks, but she was planning on getting home before Christmas.

gasman826

I blocked off the right vent but plenty of room for the left vent.  I installed the GEN IV as far to the right but still have room for hose connections (picture).

RICH MUISE

LOL...sure, do it the easy way. Mine had to go almost all the way to the right so that the motor would have touched the bracket had I not cut clearance in it. Turned out to be a big hasstle trying to get everything hooked up.
Glad to hear Jerry will have room for the left air vent.