News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

carb linkage

Started by popd24, 2011-03-03 20:56

Previous topic - Next topic

popd24

Has anyone installed an edelbrock 4bbl on a 292? I am lost in knowing what to buy to hook up the carb and the automatic kickdown. any suggestions?

tarheel57

LOKAR  at -- www.lokar.com    or 1-877-469-7440   Their products are #1 quality and simple to use and come with easy to follow instructions.They make and carry all types of linkages,brackets,springs,kickdown cables,etc.All you need to do is tell them what you have and they will tell you which one you will need.All their parts come with all the hardware needed to install them.At the shop I work at we use Lokar products on each vehicle we build.O'yea all of their products are completely made in the USA. Good luck,Tarheel57   :unitedstates:

BAMA_57

My 312 has two carter AFBs (they are now made by edelbrock) and it looks pretty straight forward and works real well. It was this way when I bought it so I can't say what was changed.
'57 Fairlane 500
'69 Boss 302 Mustang
'70 Boss 302 Mustang
'77 F-100 Explorer

shopratwoody

There should be edelbrock carb with the hook up for the bellcrank
kickdown linkage. Wasn't their a carter afb avaliable in 57?
Seems like I remember one being offered,
I hate blocksanding!

BAMA_57

Yes I remember seeing carter carbs in the FORD repair manuals. Not sure if they were called AFBs then.
'57 Fairlane 500
'69 Boss 302 Mustang
'70 Boss 302 Mustang
'77 F-100 Explorer