y-block race in columbus ohio are you going? pic link ADDED

Started by 2x57sedan, 2012-08-19 21:48

Previous topic - Next topic

2x57sedan

i went to this race a couple years ago now that my 57 is going to be heading into the body shop soon (finnally)  im gonna go up and hopefully get some inspiration   any of you that are going are you gonna bring any 57 parts to sell? im looking for another hood  (for a scoop)  and a tinted windshield for a 70A  and maybe afew other small parts i have some parts if you need something i could bring ill only be there on saturday

pic link is down below in a seperate post
57 custom sedan
57 failane 500 4 dr (parts 4 sale or trade)
2 60 thunderbirds 1hdtp 1 vert (parts)
69mustang
72 f100

wv 57s forever

:deadhorse:

I will be there I also have a hood that i might sell if the price is right and i can get help to get it off the wall. What else are you looking for.

2x57sedan

well, EXCUSE me for beating a dead horse i dont see any other thread on here about the show
if i could find a better front valance panel reasonably  that would be good   i need both wiper arms

but im allways looking for stuff
57 custom sedan
69mustang
72 f100

wv 57s forever

sorry i didn't mean that you were beating a dead horse. i meant that our part of the shoot out is pretty close to a dead horse.  :006:

JPotter57

Allan, too many of us just live too far away to be able to make it.  I wish I could come every year and bring my car (still in pieces, house maintenance, lol), but I live about 1000 miles away now, and with gas at 3.50 per gal, it's hard to make it.  I would have to trailer, as my coming Y block probably wont be pump gas friendly, unless I put a Paxton on it.  It does have a 5 speed, but it also has some pretty nasty gears in it right now, 4.56.  If I supercharge it, I may step down some.  I hope to bring it in the next couple years, but it definitely wont be an every year thing.  Which brings me back to another point: some of us wouldnt necessarily be able to run in OUR part, since some of us have gone Y block, lol.  However, there are enough of you guys that live much closer, that have FE, Cleveland, Windsor, mod motor power, that could go and represent our group.  When I went the last time, I took my car.  I only lived 450 miles away that time, no sweat.  Even though I broke my car (burned stock starter, switched to a Tilton, never another prob), I had a ball hanging out with you guys.  The years I got to go, even without my ride, were the best times I have had at the track.  My day of glory, when I finally got the bugs ironed out, and the car friggin flew, I was at the track by myself.  I called my dad after every quicker pass to let him know how it was running.  Pretty cool for a 3600 lb car with a homebuilt stroker windsor motor to go low 11s.  But I was by myself, at a track where I didnt know anyone.  No buds to come up and just say "that was cool".My last two passes, my wife finally made it and videotaped for me, so I at least could show folks that it really ran that good, lol.  I don't really want to jinx it, because the last two years,. something has come up and I had to back out at the last minute, but, hopefully, Lord willing, this year I will be there, at least I am planning on it.  I am heading out tomorrow to the halfway point for a family get together, then hopefully, on to Columbus, or that is the current plan.  Keep yer fingers crossed Allan, lol...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Hoosier Hurricane

James:

Your post is a little confusing.  Just because some of the cars from this group have Y blocks doesn't exclude them from this groups race.  It's a '57 Ford race, engine type doesn't matter except that it has to be a Ford engine to get past tech.  For my part, I helped get the Y block thing rolling, so I feel obliged to race in that group.

Hope you make it this year, will be good to see you again.

John

JPotter57

I know that it is open, but we started our end as an "other" powered 57 to run against the last standing y block 57.  Trust me, I never took offense atanyone in our club running with the y group.  Just so few of our guys run their cars.  The ones that do, run them hard and have fun doing it.  But there are only a couple, maybe 3.  More later, getting back on the road after a lengthy gas/restroom stop, lol.
Old, loud, and fast.

wv 57s forever

JPotter57

I'm here gentlemen...I'll be at the track as soon as they open the gates, lol..It's been a long time, can't wait!!
Old, loud, and fast.

F570RD

glen b henderson

Keep us updated James, I still can't get on the y block site, so I will have to depend on you for my "fix". I sure wish I was there with you guys, maybe next year.
Freedom is not Free

JPotter57

Final round came down to Harold Hutton in his 60 Mercury against Gary Dietrich in his Y powered Pinto.  Both had a clean start, no breakout despite a 3 second handicap.  Dietrich ran him down and beat him at the stripe.  They ended up running both days eliminations today since the weather is turning to crap for tomorrow.  I will post some more when I get a room and hook up my laptop.
Old, loud, and fast.

glen b henderson

Yes, that Pinto has been a pain in everyones rear for the last three years. Gary can run his number!
Freedom is not Free

JPotter57

Typo alert:  Mr Pinto is GREG not GARY, sorry, guys.  And yes, he was super consistent, as usual, Glen.  He told me next year, all his equipment will be in a `65 Mustang...That ought to shake some folks up, lol...
Old, loud, and fast.

2x57sedan

57 custom sedan
69mustang
72 f100