News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Need stock seat height

Started by RICH MUISE, 2012-08-22 15:55

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Could somebody measure the height of the seat at the front from the floor for me? i'm working on seat risers for my bucket seats, and started off by cutting one down to 2 1/2", but that seems to make the seat too tall, so I'm thinking instead of risers, I may just use some 1 inch heavy spacers. I'd sure like a stock seat height for reference though, as without the nose sheetmetal on the car, it's hard to get a correct perspective. I'm thinking I remembered my old original seat at 11" or so. Thanks
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Tom S

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2012-08-22 15:55
Could somebody measure the height of the seat at the front from the floor for me?

Bare floor, no carpet ....

Ford Blue blood

Tom that is above and beyond......great info!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

abolutley above and beyond. That was exactly what I needed...thanks a bunch,Tom...I'll do some comparison checks in the morning.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Tom S

Thanks guys.  Hope that helps.  "Above & beyond" is a little much though. 
Just thought you would like to see where & how I measured this & I do believe in the old adage that a picture is worth a thousand words.  Seemed to me that just the front height wasn't enough without knowing where your butt is supposed to be.  Getting the captions to make sense was harder & took longer than taking the pix. 
Takes me forever to write anything.  : (

Zapato

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2012-08-22 23:29
abolutley above and beyond. That was exactly what I needed...thanks a bunch,Tom...I'll do some comparison checks in the morning.
Rich

So true, figure its worth a Karma point or 2.LOL

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72