News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Paint Color For My Wagon

Started by petew, 2013-08-20 11:01

Previous topic - Next topic

petew

In the process of restoring my 57 Country Sedan wagon. It came to me with a Willow Green and Colonial White paint job. Most of it will need to be redone .
In checking the data plate I find that the car was an original ZE code Coral Sand and Colonial white color scheme. I have found evidence of the Coral Sand while installing new outer rockers.
So my question is about the Coral Sand color, it appears to me from the bits I have found on the car that it is pink, is it ? The color samples on this site seem to be more orange than pink.
The debate is do I repaint in the Willow Green or return it to it's original Coral Sand ?
I am secure in my manhood but am not certain that I could drive around in a pink car ! All opinions welcome. :003:

Ecode70D

Quote from: petew on 2013-08-20 11:01

So my question is about the Coral Sand color, it appears to me from the bits I have found on the car that it is pink, is it ? The color samples on this site seem to be more orange than pink.
The debate is do I repaint in the Willow Green or return it to it's original Coral Sand ?
I am secure in my manhood but am not certain that I could drive around in a pink car ! All opinions welcome. :003:

Since you are asking for an opinion,  I would paint the the car the  colors on the data plate.
    When the last guns are fired, you will have to make the final decision.

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2013-08-20 12:17
    Since you are asking for an opinion,  I would paint the the car the  colors on the data plate.
    When the last guns are fired, you will have to make the final decision.

Agreed!......
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

petew

I am sensing a trend.....

Mark

It's not pink----It's Coral Sand !  Two tone looks good :006:

rmk57

My vote goes for the coral sand to. I had an 58 Edsel villager wagon that was originally sunset coral and grey metallic.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Jeff Norwell

I love Coral or Salmon colours...placed beside a deep dark colour...its outstanding.

Zapato

never have liked ''salmon''. unless you're doing a 100 point restoration why even look at the data plate. surely in your head you've pictured your wagon a certain color/colors. go with those. and if we're honest with ourselves GM outshone Ford all over the place with paint colors in that era. Ford was far from exciting paint wise in 57. back in h.s. a friend had a 58 chev wagon in the gm version of salmon and it was just as bad as fords. not the least bit exciting. maybe paired with a darker color would not be as boring.

anyway if salmon was what you wanted don't believe you'd have not asked for an opinion.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Jeff Norwell

I was just stating that Coral and Salmon are in the same basic family is all.

Frankenstein57

I would agree with Zap on this one, unless your plan is to return the car to stock or sell it, make it yours, Mark

57 Ford Kustom

Well, here is my two cents, I like the willow green personally. This winter I pulled the interior out of mine and painted it willow. I love it, as a matter of fact in a couple of years mine will be willow and colonial white. But, as the guys already stated, it's yours, paint it what you like! I don' t think anyone on here would say a bad word otherwise. Tim
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

petew

Well thanks for all of your thoughts. I like the Willow Green and Colonial White that is on the car currently. My daughter really wants me to paint it the Coral but that would mean a new interior and I just don't love the Coral .
Not a concourse resto and I doubt that the resale value of my Country Sedan will be affected horribly by a properly done color change and I really don't care .
I did feel the need to return the car to its proper color but the more I thought about it and after reading the comments here I think I will repaint it in Willow Green / Colonial White.
That  you all for your input.

Pete

Lou

Have a new data plale made with the willow and white paint code.

suede57ford

My youngest brother James bought a nice coral sand/white Fairlane 500 hardtop to drive to high school(in the early 90's).   I though it was ok, but a year or two later we reprinted it red/white.  It was amazing how much better it looked just changing the coral part to a nice red.   I didn't realize how bad the coral was until we covered it up.  The repaint totally changed the personality of the car.

I am into leaving everything the original color, but in this instance go with what you like.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

Lou

The problem with restoring a coral sand car is the same as 55 Ford tropical rose, no modern paint can really get the shade and depth right.