News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ford dealer lot 57

Started by Partsman, 2014-12-09 13:29

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

check these, boys !

Ecode70D

Günter
     Did you notice that 57 2dr ranch wagon parked outside and to the right of Graham Ford?  That's a nice night time picture.
I would have been about 17 when that picture was taken.  Jay

djfordmanjack

Jay, I just love that pic !
that brand new Country Squire and Bird, and behind they have a - by then already - vintage Model A !!
the dealership design and neon lighting just kills me.
Why can't they look like that today?

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-12-09 23:50
"It's still like that....." can you actually still drive on the beach?
You sure can. On holidays it's almost like a freeway with three or four lanes in each direction.. I'm not 100% sure the picture that was posted is Pismo but very similar..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

lalessi1

These pics take me back to a picture of mom and us kids in front my grandmothers brand new Fairlane 500 4 Dr sedan. She gave it to my mom in 1962. I learned how to drive in it, taught my siblings how to drive in it (mom was done after teaching me), dated in it, and mom gave it to me in 1967. I learned about cars by building models and comparing them to that Ford. 292 2bbl, 3 spd manual, no radio, but it had a clock. Silver Mocha Mettalic/Doeskin Tan.
Lynn

djfordmanjack

something like this ? I know this is a Custom, not a Fairlane
I love the color combo !

lalessi1

Almost, the bottom color is dead on. The Doeskin Tan was more pinkish. As kids we described the car as pink and brown! Thanks for the picture.
Lynn

rmk57

Quote from: Partsman on 2014-12-09 13:29
Wouldn't you have loved to shop here in the 50's?

Be a shame if you were looking for a Ranchero, didn't see one the lot.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

SkylinerRon

Maybe on the truck lot.......

Ron.

hiball3985

Quote from: rmk57 on 2014-12-10 12:15
Be a shame if you were looking for a Ranchero, didn't see one the lot.
You can see the back of one right out in front with a guy looking at it. I love the $199 down on the windshields..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

LAUDY57

This was one of the loads my Dad had, most of our West Coast cars were hauled by truck from Windsor, Ont.. Strange, because all the trucks travelled in the Northern States. Went with him once, lots of night driving to avoid getting permits, dodging scales on back roads, blew an engine just out of Detroit which he replaced himself at the back of a coffeeshop after getting a shortblock, really hot thru N.Dakota, some good memories for a young kid who had his arm in a cast at the time.
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

Ecode70D

Quote from: LAUDY57 on 2014-12-11 11:15
This was one of the loads my Dad had,  blew an engine just out of Detroit which he replaced himself at the back of a coffeeshop after getting a shortblock, really hot thru N.Dakota, some good memories for a young kid who had his arm in a cast at the time.

They made tough people in those days.  Today most would make a phone call.

junior58

Those ones are '58s Laudy57, but will let it slide this time cos it's a cool story. Would have loved to do a trip like that.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

LAUDY57

Yeah, they're 58's, couldn't find the 57 ones.
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!