News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

56 vs 57 hubcaps

Started by electricalan, 2015-03-08 15:23

Previous topic - Next topic

electricalan

I found some nice dog dish hubcaps,the seller says they are 1956.I know there was two different sizes of the center painted area,but were there 57's that were same as 56.I know most you guys know the skinny. Thanks Al
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

rmk57

56 poverty caps are quite a bit different than 57's. 57 and 58 are the same except for gold centres on 58 and white on 57's.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

BWhitmore

57-58 dog dish hub caps are the same with the exception that 57 caps had white paint, 58 caps have gold paint.  56 caps are very different.

lalessi1

These are 56 dog dish.....
Lynn

lalessi1

This is a 57....
Lynn

djfordmanjack

exactly. 57 have narrow chrome rim and wide painted area vs 56 wide chrome, narrow paint.

electricalan

Thanks for the help guys.I bought them,they were pretty sweet.Look just like the ones you put in the pic. The guy guy had them in a original box in his attic for 30 years.

Ecode70D

Use them.  They look cool.  I had a set on one of my cars at one time.

Zapato

wouldn't hesitate to use them myself, imho the only ugly dog dish cap is the 1951 cap. anything else ok by me.

zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

electricalan

Yes,I did't think I could go wrong for $60.00.I have seen them set up just as DJ said and think its a good look if your keeping the customizations to a minimum. Thanks again Al

clusterbuster

I put 14x8 inch rims on the front of my Custom because of the disk brake conversion. The only way I can get that front tire and wheel on the rear is by letting all the air out of the tire. The original tire would go up and in with no problem. If I have a flat in the rear, the only way I figure to get around that clearance problem, is to buy an air compressor that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket and pump the spare tire up after deflating it. Anyone else running into that problem?

clusterbuster

Sorry- was reading the new wheels for the 57, left it, came back and posted on the wrong  topic.