News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

carpet

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2008-09-16 15:43

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

ok,  i posted this before, but this is a update,     Mac's dosen't have the carpeting for my car out of acc in Alabama,   concours uses the same co,  LeBaron  dosen't have the carpet,    any one else out there u might know of?   if i can't get some new carpet anyone know how i can dye it?,   thanks for any info u might have,    Jerry

rmk57

Dearborn Classics has 1957 Fairlane parts. I think there in Oregon
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Marc

Kanter's sells carpet for just about anything.

57chero

Try www.smsautofabrics.com there here in Oregon they have anything and everything from 1940 thru 1990.

Lou

What color are you looking for? I've done business with SMS in Portland, OR, thier good people.

geraldchainsaw

ok,   i gave up,  i8 put the old one back in,   now i have to find some way to either stain it or dye,   but thanks for all the help in trying to get me some new stuff,   jerry

geraldchainsaw

ok,  i don't remember who told me to try it,    but they said to use Rit die, like they use on dyeing clothes,   i tried it,  and it turned out very nice,   all that trouble & something so simple to try,   i used Forest dark green,   so who ever it was that said to try it,  i'm not sure, but wasn't it Lou?     thanks         Jerry

Lou

Sorry Jerry it wasn't me. How did you do it, a washing michine, big tub, and how much RIT did it take?