News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Needing a shift indicator blank-out plate. FOUND! THANK YOU.

Started by Hot Rod Custom, 2018-11-05 20:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Rod Custom

Hi guys,
  Turning to our forum whenever I'm looking for something has proven to be a great way to find the parts I still need. I'm seriously considering buying another 70A. I absolutely love these cars!
  The car has an aftermarket tilt column. I know an original wheel can easily be adapted, but the builder never removed the bezel above the column that houses the shift pattern for the automatic. There's another indicator on the new column. I think if I were to put a plate from a three-speed manual trans car, it would clean that up. It doesn't look too cool with two shift patterns visible!
  Does anyone have a good one? I just want to paint it and install it.
  Let me know if you can help. As always, thanks for your help. I love this forum! I've learned a great deal and have even made some friends. Very cool!
Tom

Tom S

The Ranchero I bought has an aftermarket tilt column & a floor shift for the auto trans.  When they repainted the car they simply painted over the stock plastic column shift indicator.  Maybe not the best solution but it is an option & not really noticeable or distracting.
I'd really rather have the standard shift plate, stock steering wheel & column & the 4 speed I intend to install already done.

Hot Rod Custom

A few days ago, I'd gotten a PM from Clayton (57chero). I responded, but haven't heard back. Clayton says he has a plate, but he didn't give me a price with shipping. Clayton, please respond back to me with this info. I appreciate it.
Tom

57chero

Tom, did you get the PM I sent you.

Hot Rod Custom

Hi Clayton,
  Yes, I did get your PM and I'll be sending the money order in the next couple of days. Thanks for the reply.
Tom