Part # 358939-S What style screw is used to mount this rubber bumper?

Started by KYBlueOval, Today at 16:10

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

I'm told that this rubber bumper (358939-S) is the correct part used to support the tailgate support straps on a Ranchero or Wagon.

I would post a photo or two, but I have not been successful as of late in posing photos as IMGUR has changed and I don't understand how to use the new version.So I'll describe the rubber bumper and its use.

When the tailgate on a Ranchero or Wagon is closed, the support straps fold and hang in a somewhat vertical position. This rubber bumper is attached to the body, not the tailgate and supports the folded support strap so it does not hit the body and rattle. Hope that's clear.

This rubber bumper is 9/16" in diameter and 5/8" in length. There is a 3/16" hole in ONE end only, that is approx.1/2" deep. I'm told the rubber bumper slips over the head of a screw. But what does this screw look like? The screw hole in the body, where this bumper mounts, looks like a #6. But the head of a #6 will barely hold the bumper in place.

Hopefully someone will enlighten me regarding the rubber bumper installation and how to post photos with IMGUR or from my Iphone.

Thanks
John

mustang6984

John...e-mail me the pics you want posted, and I will gladly put them into this thread for you.
Later...Hugh
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker