News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Front seat options

Started by rovohn, 2018-02-22 11:03

Previous topic - Next topic

rovohn

Just a quick poll,what are alternative front seat options for my Custom?
Cheers,John
'57 Custom 300,302/C4
'72 Rover P6
'57 Sedan Delivery

Ford Blue blood

61 - 63 Thunderbird seats with 1" cropped out of the seat mount.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

What Billl posted is a popular choice, but what are you looking for? Buckets, bench,     console, no console,     traditional,rest-mod,      high end, low end?
If you looking for high end ideas, custom leather, etc.......Bob Lee's / 57AGIN is one of the best.
If your Custom is a 2dr, you'll have less options/choices at the salvage yard that will work
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rovohn

I went hunting in the wreckers yesterday and found front bucket seats out of a 1984 LTD,they have armrests which I really wanted and small consoles attached,this way I wont have any clearance issues as I am going with a floor shift
Cheers,John
'57 Custom 300,302/C4
'72 Rover P6
'57 Sedan Delivery

gasman826

X3 on the Thunderbird seats...light, small, no right or left, padding, covers, and hinge covers available ...or the LTD seat

PIC:  '63 Thunderbird seats

RICH MUISE

I assume the 84 LTD was a two door?. That's the biggest problem. Tons of awesome seats available from the new cars, but very few have the fold down backs needed on a 2 door..
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rovohn

No, the LTD was a 4 door,which is Ok as my car is a Mordoor
Cheers,John
'57 Custom 300,302/C4
'72 Rover P6
'57 Sedan Delivery

SkylinerRon

The 84 LTD is a Fox body, being a sedan the seats are high off the floor. 79-93 Mustang are very similar seat and are lower to the floor
if you need it.
I took the bench seat out of my 78 Fairmont and bolted in 88 Mustang seats and they are about 3" lower. (exact bolt-in)

Ron.