News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

70A CUSTOM COUPE FROM HOLLAND !

Started by old skool, 2010-08-23 17:03

Previous topic - Next topic

old skool

yo guys,

i?m rico from rotterdam,holland and i just got me a original 57 ford custom tudor.

the 57? is since 1990 here in hollland and is completely restaurated last year.

it?s got the original 223 six cylinder ,mathing numbers .

the body is restyled en repainted in colonial white with soft yellow .

it's still got the original wheels and set up and beg's for a slammed OG look .

it's got a pioneer din dvd player with bluetooth ,six speakers in the car en and 2 basswoofers in the trunk ,alarm system and automatic doorlocks ..

my plans for the future are :

fender skirts
14 or 15 inch  supremes
lake pipes
disc brakes
power steering (because my 57'' originally don't have this options )
a V8 and lowered ..

take a look and i hope you like my old skool 57'' custom tudor...

the search for this parts are here in holland rather difficult..so if you guys have ideas or comments please tell ...!!

greetz from rotterdam,holland
O0
this is she now.....

and this is how i want to built her... O0

wv 57s forever

welcome
  she looks kool  the way she is ,but will like good the other way also, you should be able to get any info you need on this site. :burnout:

RICH MUISE

welcome to the site Rico! That's a great looking car you've aquired. Somebody obviously has put a lot of work into it. I like the yellow / white paint scheme. If there's anything you need help with, let us know. this is a great place for info. (I also have a 70A)  Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

old skool

thanx for the great replies guys !

i already ordered the fenderskirts by classic car goodies . :burnout:

i?m still searching for a good adress to order the lakepipes and supremes ...

i already got a question about the supremes .

can you tell me what the difference is between the reverse and the normal version ?

and wich offset must i have for the 70A. i want 14 or 15 inch wheels .

thanx already

greetings from the netherlands !

RICH MUISE

Not sure what it is you are calling Supremes, but I'm willing to bet it doesn't have anything to do with Diana Ross. If it's a certain type of wheel you're talking about, you'll probably get a better response if you post a querry under the wheels and tires section, some of the guys have had a lot of experience trying different combinations.   Rich

old skool

hello guys ,

by supremes i mean the rims from UWC.

these are also the wheels on the lowest pic of the page ,that are the rims i want onder my 70A in 14 of 15 inch.

old skool !

57AGIN

Hi Old Skool:

Great looking ride.  The rims look like and probably are copies of the Astro Supremes that were popular in the late 50's up into the 60's.  If I understand your question about the reverse and normal offset rims.  Reverse rims have the mounting plate closer to the inside of the rim, moving the outer part of the rim closer to the outside of the car.  The reverse offset gives the rim a deep dish effect.  A standard offset would be neutral and a positive offset would place the inner edge of the rim closer to the inside of the wheel well.  The 57 Ford wheel wells are not as large as we would like them to be, so your question about rim offsets is an important consideration.

If you are planning on going to disc brakes, you would probably want to go with the 15 inch rims to allow space inside the rim for the brake calipers.

Bob
57 AGIN

Partsman

Nice car.  I also have a 70A.  The anwser on you wheels:  Summit Racing has them.  SummittRacing.com also they are made by U S Wheel
Try USWheel.com and you can see the catalog and also a link to contact them.
Hope this helps.  I remember when these were popular in the 50s and 60s.
Good luck.
You gotta love those 6 cylnders.
Bill

F570RD

WOW...very nice.Cool to see the ultra cheap model with skirts. :006:

wildhog

THE NICE THING ABOUT FENDER SKIRTS YOU CAN POP THEM OFF AND CHANGE THE WHOLE LOOK OF THE CAR. SOMETIMES I RUN WIDE WHITES,WHEEL COVERS AND SKIRTS ON MY 57 RAGTOP. POP OFF THE SKIRTS MAG WHEELS WITH BLACK WALLS. LOOKS TOTALY LIKE A DIFFERENT CAR. TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

old skool

Quote from: wildhog on 2010-08-26 22:02
THE NICE THING ABOUT FENDER SKIRTS YOU CAN POP THEM OFF AND CHANGE THE WHOLE LOOK OF THE CAR. SOMETIMES I RUN WIDE WHITES,WHEEL COVERS AND SKIRTS ON MY 57 RAGTOP. POP OFF THE SKIRTS MAG WHEELS WITH BLACK WALLS. LOOKS TOTALY LIKE A DIFFERENT CAR. TOM

that?s true ,with a minor tweak you can switch your car in a hot rod or a leadsled ..!!

O0

the first accesoires i put on my 70A are these cosmetics like the fenderskirts ,lakepipes ,lowering and wheels .

but the biggest changes are going to be swapping the line 6 for a v8,disc brakes and powersteering .

-wich ford v8 engine will fit on the fordomatic tranny?  
cause i love this tranny for cruising and i want to keep this, iff it's possible in combination with a v8... :burnout:

-what options do i have according to upgrading to discbrakes and powersteering ?

thanx already !!

RICH MUISE

disc brakes: many of the guys, including myself, have been happy with the setup from Dave at www.dropnstop.com. My car hasn't been on the road since my install, but the installation was easy. It is a spindle replacement/disc setup and you will have the option of stock or lowered height. It is a Granada setup. One suggestion...make a decision on your engine before you decide on power brake booster as some engines will not allow enough room for a normal booster setup in out 57's. I have a pic of the brake setup in the gallery section (in under construction). I think if you search the posts in the brake related area you may find some references to a setup for adapting disc brakes to the stock ford spindle, which would be a lot less work. Many of the guys have used setups from other vehicles and you will find varying arguements about whether or not they affect steering geometry, and besides, being in Holland would present an obvious problem trying to find donor cars I would think.   Rich

old skool

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2010-08-28 08:50
disc brakes: many of the guys, including myself, have been happy with the setup from Dave at www.dropnstop.com. My car hasn't been on the road since my install, but the installation was easy. It is a spindle replacement/disc setup and you will have the option of stock or lowered height. It is a Granada setup. One suggestion...make a decision on your engine before you decide on power brake booster as some engines will not allow enough room for a normal booster setup in out 57's. I have a pic of the brake setup in the gallery section (in under construction). I think if you search the posts in the brake related area you may find some references to a setup for adapting disc brakes to the stock ford spindle, which would be a lot less work. Many of the guys have used setups from other vehicles and you will find varying arguements about whether or not they affect steering geometry, and besides, being in Holland would present an obvious problem trying to find donor cars I would think.   Rich

that's a good option rich ,thanx !!

if i choose to get the complete kit from drop'nstop ,must i also order the dual master cylinder also or must i get the  power booster master cylinder?

RICH MUISE

I plan on going with the booster for power brake set up, but you can go either way. You will have to also decide on what you want for rear brakes and get the proper proportioning and residual valves. In other words, to avoid purchasing components that won't work with the complete system, and having to replace those, plan out your entire brake system and buy just once. Dave at drop and stop is excellent with helping with questions.