News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

harmonic balancer

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2020-12-23 09:46

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

havn't posted in awhile,  so i thought i would write a little story of my last repair.    i have a 57 ford conv with a 312 mtr,.    was going for a last year ride so pulling out of the garage i heard a strange noise,   lifted the hood an a rattle noise comes from the front of the mtr,  turns out its the harmonic balancer,   it had come apart,  there are 2 parts to it,  a ring with a rubber insulator on the main part of the balancer,    and someone mentioned that it could be repaired,  which i did do,   any way,  what it takes to replace it,    this i found to be the easy way,      1st take off hood,   2nd,  pull grill,  3rd   pull radiator,    then u need a pulley puller which i made up,    but i  did it the hard way,  pulled rad first,  then grill,  then hood,     why the long story,    any way then to find a old or new harmonic balancer was hard until i get the new one,  which i put in stock,  i didn't have any thing else to do thats why the story in case someone else runs into the same problem