News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Fairlane Bumper Jack

Started by 57super500, 2016-04-03 20:24

Previous topic - Next topic

57super500

I am looking for a bumper jack for my Fairlane 500.  It will be for show only, not to use. Any help would be appreciated.  Daniel

BWhitmore

Check Technical Diagrams/Factory Drawings on this forum for an excellent drawing of both the proper jack and jack storage (thanks to Rich) before you buy a jack.  I went through a couple of jacks a few years ago before I found the proper jack for my Ranchero.  Check with the Ebay seller Mostlyford.  He is located in Oregon and probably has the proper jack for you.  If he does not try Steven Pierce in 29 Palms, Ca.  His phone number is (310) 631-0053.  He does not have email, so telephone is the only way.

57super500

Thanks for the information, I'll try them.

57super500

It seems to be a T stalk from the diagram.  Are there any numbers or letters on any of the parts to look for? Also does anyone have a picture of the base and the stalk with the part that lifts the bumper?  Thanks for any help

Daniel
  dc9636@gmail.com

BWhitmore

"t" stalk is the correct jack.  As mentioned before there is a NOS jack base on Ebay now.  Only the 57 T bird uses an adapter to lift from the bumper.  The full size ford does not use an adapter but only the jack as pictured in the diagram.  As you already know, these jacks are for show only, not actually for jacking up the car.  The base of the jack should be satin black, the stalk - astral silver, and the lifting mechanism - satin black. 

lalessi1

According to the parts book as best as I can tell... there are 8 types of jacks, 4 of which may have been used in '57s. Types 4,7,5, and 8 are listed. The bases would be stamped AB-K, AB-M, AB-N, and AJ-C respectively.

I have a type 4, AB-K.

Lynn

Ray

My two cents, Steve has a jack I identified as one of the types that are correct for a 57. last one. That said, the base on that jack is square, the base on the ford illustration shows a rectangular base for Fairlane 500's. All should be roughly square shaft as best as I can recall. Good luck.
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird