News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

are sensors grounded?

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-10-08 08:19

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I relocated the egr flow sensor (4.6 motor)to my firewall and replaced it with a new one. The old one had a metal casing, and the new one is plastic. The new one has a brass ferell at each of the mounting holes. Is this just for strengthening the plastic casing, or to provide a ground? I want to run a ground wire under a mounting screw if it is for grounding. I'm thinking if it is for grounding purposes, there would probably be continuity between the two ferells, or between the ferells and the lugs at the connector?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Nope, the brass is there to keep the gorrillas from cracking the mounts.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Thanks Bill.. the fact they were brass got me wondering.

Ford Blue blood

Rich should that not be the case the fire wall will ground it anyhow........
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Rubber based undercoating on the outside of the firerwall, and the self stick foil/rubber on the inside=hard to get a clean hole as drills, screws tend to pull the rubber into the hole. That, and the fact I don't want to be scratching paint off to make a ground is why I'm wiring the car like it was a fiberglass body. Lots of extra work I know, but it centralizes the grounds in case of a problem.