News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Ford History

Started by JimNolan, 2017-11-29 09:49

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

Guys, I've got the history of the owners (and have corresponded with each one of them). One even sent me the original owners manual that came with my car, another guy sent me pictures of it back in the 80's. My car spent most of it's life in Montana. The Montana Dept. of Vehicles sent me every piece of paper they had on my car. But, from 1957-1972 my car resided in Washington State. When I contacted them they wouldn't let me have the information because I wasn't a car dealer. The Vin number is D7RV-103794.
Is there anyone on this site that could get me information from Washington. It was sent to the Seattle, Washington distribution center after assembly in San Jose, CA. Thanks.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

John Palmer

Jim, I live in California and they are very strict about releasing any DMV information because of all of our "Stalkers".  But.......we do have "independent" state licensed VIN# verifier's that are allowed to handle all DMV transactions.  It's much easier for them to handle all of the weird transactions we get into with old cars and trailers that have lost their paperwork.

Maybe Washington state has something like this, and they could make your information request? 

Just an idea.

JimNolan

Quote from: John Palmer on 2017-11-29 11:58
Jim, I live in California and they are very strict about releasing any DMV information because of all of our "Stalkers".  But.......we do have "independent" state licensed VIN# verifier's that are allowed to handle all DMV transactions.  It's much easier for them to handle all of the weird transactions we get into with old cars and trailers that have lost their paperwork.

Maybe Washington state has something like this, and they could make your information request? 

Just an idea.
That's what I was hoping. I think I paid about $35.00 to the State of Montana for their information. They sent it to me in a big envelope. I was hoping someone on here could get Washington State to release that information to me. I'd gladly pay what it takes.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.