News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 ford steering boxes

Started by ranchero57, 2009-07-24 12:04

Previous topic - Next topic

ranchero57

Hi guys
  I have a friend (old like me)that has been in the steering box rebuilding business all his life and he really knows his business.I had him rebuild a 58 box to go in my 57 ranchero. I recommended him to a friend to rebuild the stock box in his 57 ranchero,my friend sal still has new parts for the 57 and did an excellent job on the stock 57 box.Sal said the problems some people are having with the converted 605 box has to do with two causes.1-improper indexing of the welded sector shaft conversion and or improper abjustment of linkages causing box to be in turn mode all the time.If anyone needs work or just good info get in touch with sal sr. at, d and s rebuilders 36045 hwy.36 pearl river la.70452 or call 1-985- 863-2619.Hope this will some of yall-Campy-Ranchero57       

JPotter57

Good info, Campy...Long time no see.  How's the 'chero coming along?  I have my `57 gutted. mostly disassembled, cut up and waiting for Miller to get my welder fixed......arghhh.  About the time I got the car cut apart for my rear suspension mods, I found that my mig had taken a dump....sucks.  Also have a new quarter panel to install.   Later....
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

ranchero57

james,i am about ready to rejoin the body shell with the frame and am being cautious with the body mounts, to try to keep from generating other problems.i have a friend doing the body work(bondo)for me.after the remating i am going to put back on the rotisserie and reassemble suspension,so i can get it rollable.later,campy