News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

567 steering box update

Started by johns2000, 2009-09-15 09:00

Previous topic - Next topic

johns2000

I took the wagon for a short test drive and love the 567 power steering box so far. Will post more info when I get some serious miles on it but I love the fact that you retain your turning radius compared to the R/P system that's out there.

57Cust300

Same here..... I like the 567 box on my Custom 300

2drhrdtp57

567 Steering Box? Can you expand on this, what is this offering who suppliess, any Pics???
1957      _____________     Ford
    \___((_____________))___/
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]
        [__]  0             0  [__]

Y Blocks, The New Flathead

johns2000

ABS brakes if I remember right, I thought I put pic's here somewhere, search my post's. Great unit, no need to change anything except u do have to cut down your steering column but I went with upgraded column anyway and add a saginaw power steering pump which can be had at any junk yard or new for $60.

57Cust300

Yes, ABS Brakes has the 567 box. I also have this unit and I really like it.

Ford Blue blood

Does the stock pitman arm bolt up?  Does it take up more or less room than the stock unit?
Thanks, Bill
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

johns2000

Bill
   They re-splined  mine to match and it is slightly bigger but not much. I have a 460 BB with headers and have about 1" to spare!!

Lgcustom

I just got my new 567 box set in today! It fits great. I have a 460 with Crites headers and mounts. It has about 3/8" clearance to the header tube which is more than the stock box. Now I have to send in the pitman arm for resplining and get the rest of the kit.
Does anybody have any how to's on shortening the stock steering column?

johns2000

Can't help u there but Ididit or any of the other places will sell u one any length u want, there reasonable and I love the tilt steering wheel.

Ford Blue blood

Thanks Johns, I'm not a header guy so will run the stock exhaust.  Do they fit as well as the headers?  Have a 460/C-6 ready to go, trying to decide between it and a yet to be obtained Mod motor (4.6 Cobra/MKVIII). 
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

johns2000

If your asking about the stock exhaust I can't say for sure but would think so!! I've always had the headers.

SLICKS

IM INSTALLING A567 POWER STEERING BOX IN A 55 FORD IM NOT USING THE RAG JOINT AS I WANTED TO US MY AUTO TRANS SHIFTER ON THE COLUMN I UAED BORGESON VIBRATION REDUCER/U JOINT COMBINATION NO 033134 I HAVE TAKEN PIC OF INSTALL BE GLAD TO SHARE INFO WITH ANY ONE DOING THIS SHOULD BE ABOUT THE SAME AS A 57
SLICKS