News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Front coil springs

Started by lowrider, 2011-04-13 13:05

Previous topic - Next topic

lowrider

Does anyone know the dimensions on the front coil springs (V8)? The height, diameter, diameter of the coil used to make the spring etc.
The reasom I ask, is the place I'm going to buy my rear leafs (McVeigh Springs), his suppiler doesn't list cars back that far for coils. He said if I could come up with some measurements me may be able to find some. Thanks for any help.  Dan

RICH MUISE

Lowrider...go down about 6 threads in this section and read the "coil spring height" post started by Jim Nolan. Amoung other info you'll find there are some spring charts posted by Gary (Canadian Ranchero). Read the whole thread...particularly the end where Jim discovered what his initial problem was. The reason I say that, depending on how fussy you are, you may want to go with a place like eaton springs that has all the technical info to get you where you want to be..particularly if your vehicle is modified.  Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lowrider

Rich,thanks for the info. I think I'm just going to get a pair of coils from Eaton. Even before I read Jim's post I was thinking it might end up with something like that. Sure was some funny stories in that post.