News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

In need if a nice chrome rear bumper . . .

Started by BBoswell, 2015-07-13 10:58

Previous topic - Next topic

BBoswell

I had a run in with a large tree stump this weekend and the stump won . . . rear bumper lost. Just wondering in any of the forum members have or know of anyone who has a rear bumper with good chrome for sale for a 57 Custom 300. Here in my area of Oregon there aren't many chrome plating shops and I would really like to avoid that entire slow process if possible.

BBoswell

i no longer need a bumper for my Custom 300. My buddy had a chrome that he uses and recommends so I broke down and took it to them this afternoon. While there I'm having the bumper guards removed and the bumper smoothed to match the front.

57chero

Which chrome shop are you using and what's the cost for a bumper. I've always used Oregon Plating but they don't do bumpers. 

BBoswell

I didn't take the bumper to the shop but I believe it McKenzie Plating in Springfield. My buddy does restorations and this is who he uses for all of his plating. I've see their work and it is show quality. To straighten the bumper, remove the large dent and then chrome plate the bumper is $800. Thank goodness it's covered by my insurance.

RICH MUISE

I had a run in with a large tree stump this weekend and the stump won . . . rear bumper lost" Back up camera!!
I'm definetly putting one on mine....
for obvious reasons!!
<<<<<<<  Avatar
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe